• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

WEIRD CW ON 28.174 USB

At the 38 or 39 second point.

You can hear a lot of beacons on ten meters; they serve to indicate when the band is open in a particular direction. I don't remember ever hearing VE3TEN myself, but it's obviously there!

The U.S. 10 meter “Beacon Band” (common terminology) is actually a range of frequencies running from 28.200 to 28.300 MHz, although you can hear some non- U.S. Amateur Radio beacons down perhaps to 28.165 MHz or lower. The purpose of all these beacons is to help operators world wide determine if the band is open and if so, to where.

Up there in Canada Eh?

Jeff

That portion of the band is RTTY and Data only.

http://www.arrl.org/files/file/Hambands_color.pdf

You guys keep forgetting that there is a world outside of theUSA that does not follow USA rules and regulations. We can run any mode on any frequency as long as we meet bandwidth limits. Basically wh have a 6 khz bandwidth limit on HF except 30m which is 1 khz. I can run ssb on 28.003 if I want.

You guys keep forgetting that there is a world outside of theUSA that does not follow USA rules and regulations. We can run any mode on any frequency as long as we meet bandwidth limits. Basically wh have a 6 khz bandwidth limit on HF except 30m which is 1 khz. I can run ssb on 28.003 if I want.

And thats exactly why Canada =awesome

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

so is the RAC listing just a recommendation CK?

Attachments

• RAC.jpg
    RAC.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 165
Yes,it is a proposed band plan via gentlemans agreement but not legaly binding. Most people abide by it 99.9% of the time however most people also slip a bit lower in the voice portion to avoid stateside QRM at times or to snag a rare one.

Yes,it is a proposed band plan via gentlemans agreement but not legaly binding. Most people abide by it 99.9% of the time however most people also slip a bit lower in the voice portion to avoid stateside QRM at times or to snag a rare one.

explains why when i was listening to a recent contest there was one guy just a hair below the RAC's listed set-points...i thought "hmmmmm, sneaky", but now i see it's a legit practice

And thats exactly why Canada =awesome

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Thought you were in the wonderful world of the U.S.A., sorry you're up there with Dave's other brother.

Next time this issue arises I'll just blame it on the Canadians or mexicans if a noise toy is used.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?