• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

West Coast/California DX contacts today . . .

Made a few contacts on the freeband today. Some repeats.

47DX101 John 5/9 Denmark
26DX015 Trevor 5/9 England
29WW787 Justin 5/9+ Ireland
163BT195 Roger 5/9 Wales (from a mobile using 80 watts)

But 10m is also kicking at this time. Made two contacts into China. One in Shanghai and the other in Foshan. Three in Japan and one into the Kamchatka Peninsula/Russia. All of them 5/9. Still happening at this time.

Will post two freeband QSL's in a little while.

These are from the Czech Republic.
Jan 329RKL100 is in both Alpha Whiskey and Romeo Kilo Lima, so he sent me one of each card.

RomeoKiloLimaNo1.jpg

AlphaWhiskeyDxNo1.jpg

Last edited:
Well another sunday has come and gone...The morning was same as last week lots of static noise(5-7 s units) on the band most of early morning, But cleared up around 10 or so, and then the game was on sorta........

11OD340 Joel
1AT124 Henry
35AT160 Peter (and hearing 2wa184 from LA Do not know if Christian heard me talk to Peter after his QSO or not?)
37AT122 JOse ( hate to say it but was a rude operator)
19AT027 Frits
19KP282 ANdrew
327KL137 Peter
35SD002 Chris (always a good QSO)
163AT116 Beth (finaly had a good long QSO.. Made her blush when I said she was well known as a good operator here in the states)
19DE01 Robert
14SD141 Herve ( very little english but we made due)
2WR425 Paul ( blew me out of my garage 7x9 30 over)
Also 9 div 492 Karl
Oh and one more
26CI001 David (came in and say hello again and stated I was blowing smoke into him today:w00t:)

Not to bad for a partial day was trying to clean out garage and make more shelf space... Need to do something about the recieve on my end cant hear south(Xcept for QRMexico) and very low elswhere

Imax2000 is only 2 feet above roof of a ALL metal building and at the west end... Would do better if i get it up higher:confused: I know my signal is getting out but to be blunt my recieve SUX..........

Just a few today and yesterday.

1LR005 Giuseppe 5/7 Italy
29B117 Gordon 5/8 Ireland
31SD107 Orlando 5/8 Portugal
16OZ457 Curt 5/3 Belgium
Yesterday:
43SD280 Jordan 5/9 Australia
43SD071 Abie 5/9 Australia

10m continues to dominate DX still. Half a dozen Japan contacts 5/9. Czech, Croatia, and Serbia are all 5/9. AS well as Germany and Spain. Under the same conditions, the Hammies do better in signal strength and signal quality consistently.

Hello all:

WD-40 I hear you sign off the other day,I try to get to you with no success.

BTW
PHP:

PHP:
The Call Sign is 37AT/NA122/CL2

The reason you got the impression that this OP was rude is because he is running an Activation from Dominican Republic,all Activation only reply to callsigns and exchange signal reports real quick and some give you a progressive number for the log book,normally they have a pileup from all over the world trying to score as many contacts as possible during a short period of time and many times is almost impossible to get call back due to many stations/ops calling the same activation station at the same time.

Hope this helps
73 de Andy/10AD171

Hello all:

WD-40 I hear you sign off the other day,I try to get to you with no success.

BTW
PHP:

PHP:
The Call Sign is 37AT/NA122/CL2

The reason you got the impression that this OP was rude is because he is running an Activation from Dominican Republic,all Activation only reply to callsigns and exchange signal reports real quick and some give you a progressive number for the log book,normally they have a pileup from all over the world trying to score as many contacts as possible during a short period of time and many times is almost impossible to get call back due to many stations/ops calling the same activation station at the same time.

Hope this helps
73 de Andy/10AD171

Andy,
I have heard a few operators talking to you and you only scratched my recieve many times .. Would like to say hello on the air because I know it can be done, Until i get my recieve situation figuered out I am going to have to wave hello this way (y) <--- thats a wave hello

Now onto the other.. I do understand about doing the contest thing( helped another AT member with his contest one day and he was happy for it ) but I didnt even get a conformation # was a quick I got you now GET so to say.. Back in the early 90's when I was really into the DX thing there was a LOT more AT members then and most was rude and snobbish and would not respond to any one else besides a AT member... But if you look at my log from lately I probally have more AT contacts then anything else and is NICE But when that happened it just put a sour taste back in my mouth again of what used to go on....... Hope you understand what I am trying to say..
Till we can meet on the air 73's 51's Happy DXn
Bruce WD-40

Andy,
I have heard a few operators talking to you and you only scratched my recieve many times .. Would like to say hello on the air because I know it can be done, Until i get my recieve situation figuered out I am going to have to wave hello this way (y) <--- thats a wave hello

Now onto the other.. I do understand about doing the contest thing( helped another AT member with his contest one day and he was happy for it ) but I didnt even get a conformation # was a quick I got you now GET so to say.. Back in the early 90's when I was really into the DX thing there was a LOT more AT members then and most was rude and snobbish and would not respond to any one else besides a AT member... But if you look at my log from lately I probally have more AT contacts then anything else and is NICE But when that happened it just put a sour taste back in my mouth again of what used to go on....... Hope you understand what I am trying to say..
Till we can meet on the air 73's 51's Happy DXn
Bruce WD-40

Hello Bruce:

You are right is all about conditions,I'm just a squirt gun with my beam antenna (20 ft of the ground) at the present moment plus I only running barefoot(85 Watts)Today there are so many clubs in the air AT,SD,ET,FAT,DX,ET,EC,IR,and many more,sometimes they run contest exclusive to members from there own club.

I'm not trying to excuse the Op from 37 Division,could be a language barrier or else,I been in the same position many times trying to display my education and manners while I'm on the radio.

Hope to talk to you on the air amigo.
Vy 73 de Andy/10AD171
Hasta Los Tacos

Harald 13AT130 asked me to join the Alfa Tango Radio Group. Don't have their requirements met yet. Need another 21 AT ops to qualify. Got 9 already.

Here is the QSL card that came yesterday:

AlphaTangoNo1-Copy.jpg

AlphaTangoNo4.jpg

Resized/recolored Jan's/329PW010/329RKL100 QSL back to orignal:

RomeoKiloLimaNo12.jpg

Last edited:
Got one contact today when I went for lunch in the Mobile... was real weird all quiet Then I heard a station....

223DX1 Matt

Had short QSO thes I was back at work, The noise level I get from that building is unreal.. Then after work was dead quiet again :cry:

European DX was non-existent today on the West Coast.

So the beam was turned twards South America.
32SD011 Javier 5/7 Chile (Quellon Chiloe Island)

Also got Mexico and another Alfa Tango contact for the logbook:
10AT155 Ramon 5/9+ Mexico.
This card was found online - not sent.
Just 20 more to go now.

10AT155.jpg

Swinging the beam westward, then tagged
43SD280 Jordan 5/5 Australia
17WR000 Richard 5/9++ Hawaii

Conditions aren't what they were a week ago on the West Coast; but still some fish to fry . . .

Last edited:
14ZK020 Raymond 5/8 France
14AT040 Gerard 5/2 France
14DX181 Marc 5/9 France
1AT324 Marco 5/3 Italy

When I was talking/listening to Europe; I heard a call from Division 201 out of the back of my beam antenna. Flipped the coax switch to my vertical antenna and got:

201SD166 Tapi 5/9 French Polynesia

Did hear the Canary Islands, but it was coming in too weak for a call.

EDIT:
224AU057 Jake 5/5 Kiribati/Gilbert Island Group.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.