• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

West Coast/California DX contacts today . . .

Well went to the mile high city this morning in the mobile (Prescott AZ) Listening on the tripp nickel as normal... Heard 47 div call out to western US so pulled up on a hill in a parking lot and yelled back and it was on from there.......

47DX101 John 5x7 7X9

26WI27 Allan 5x7

26WR001 David 7X9

19SD348 Henry 5X7

34 seperation 29EB106 John (On vacation in canary Islands with a Dipole off balcony of his hotel) 1x3

Unfortantly had some bizz had to take care of that took a few hrs and when I got back on the air it was about all over Xcept 10 Div and a few state side stations...

Again from the Mobile... Galaxy Pluto, mag mount valor antenna 25 watts.. That parking lot was a perfect spot...

Conditions sure dropping fast already?

Last edited:
Hi There!

I thougth i recognized the call :)
Sadly im not that active last couple of days..to busy with the antennas.
But for sure u have a good spot there.

We have also been lisning for 223DX/1, some europeans did "catch" him it seems it is not an option so far for the more "main land" guys like myself.
Heck, i must have spend now at least 30 hrs just lisning to 27.590 zzzzz...
I have big speakers connected to the radio in the "working" shop...so the work gets done lol.

Kind regards,

Henry 19SD348

Didn't get much so far today. But I did get one very interesting station; Corsica. Not many radio operators on that Mediterranean island, but I did tag it this morning.

104GT011 Roy 5/7 Corsica/France

http://www.youtube.com/user/SylRoyCorsica

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64LF0ZwZ2ec

ALSO:
29B117 Gordon 5/7 Ireland (a real regular on .560 into the West Coast/US)
26SD117 Tom 5/4 England

BTW - Google Earth is free and very easy to use. I use the ruler function and can easily use it to plot the direction/course for the beam antenna.
(y)

Any other contributions on how you do it?

CupertinoCAtoCorsica.jpg

EDIT:
There is a web site called 'Qrz11.net' that is nothing more than to have a place to exchange info for QSL cards.
It isn't a forum; so I thought I would bring it up.
What it offers is a means to even send emails to contacts that you have made, and it cost nothing to join.
I highly recommend it it if you are a newbee DXer or a vet alike.
Now that we are going to be at a solar max over the next three years, it could well prove to be an important and useful tool for you.
Larry/2SD178/DXman is a member there already - too.

http://www.qrz11.net/it4/index.php?...dvancedsearch&listid=4&Itemid=28&limitstart=0

Last edited:
Very nice contact Robb... Driving a new mobile here so NO radio in it, do not think it will get one unless I decide to keep it... Probally be on sunday.. Unless we decide to go for a quad ride... Also my ham neighbour looking to put his antenna system back up... we shall see what happens... Also will look into those sites that Robb listed

73's 51's Happy DXn all

WD-40

Just had a QSO with:
302SD202 Stan 5/5 Asiatic Russia

That covers a lot of ground; where in particular is he?

EDIT:

Found him in Vladivostok, Russia.
Just N of N.Korea along the coastline.

Last edited:
Hi There!

I thougth i recognized the call :)
Sadly im not that active last couple of days..to busy with the antennas.
But for sure u have a good spot there.

We have also been lisning for 223DX/1, some europeans did "catch" him it seems it is not an option so far for the more "main land" guys like myself.
Heck, i must have spend now at least 30 hrs just lisning to 27.590 zzzzz...
I have big speakers connected to the radio in the "working" shop...so the work gets done lol.

Kind regards,

Henry 19SD348

My BAD also Henry ... I thought your call was familiar Being in the Mobile we both sounded different I guess

BTW - Google Earth is free and very easy to use. I use the ruler function and can easily use it to plot the direction/course for the beam antenna.
(y)

Any other contributions on how you do it?

CupertinoCAtoCorsica.jpg

Here's my way; draw your lines to different parts of the world and your done. No need of a computer after that.

0001554.jpg

Got another late start today. Had to buy a new motherboard, CPU, RAM, hard drive, and CD ROM. Finally went belly up last night.
Six years of very hard use on the old one so I can't complain a bit.

19SD348/Henry/Netherlands

68DT019/James/Ireland

Finally tagged "Henry" HPSD today - a WWRF member in EU.
That was cool!

James was on an old Cobra 148 GTL/DX. Sounded pretty nice for an older rig - IMO.

68 DT019 that will be northern ireland 29 division is southern ireland

68 DT019 that will be northern ireland 29 division is southern ireland
Thanks for pointing that out, SS.

10m is once again dominating today.
France, Spain, Switzerland, and Belgium.
Finally got the Canary Islands for the first time as well.

11m
19AT920 Cor 5/9+ Netherlands
29SD595 Adam 5/9+ Ireland
26DX015 Trevor 5/9+ England
108AT019 LeighAnn 5/9+ Scotland

Last edited:
Didn't get much again today so far:

14LC061 Lionel 5/8 France
26AT030 Mike 5/7 England (mobile)

I did have a long QSO with WWRF forum member Robin aka 'Klondike Mike' today. Think it was on .560:

9WR2000 Robin 5/9+ Canada

136AT340 Mark 5/9 Martinique/France (mobile)

Last edited:
Well pretty good day today... Inbetween getting garage cleaned up (YUK) made quite a few contacts, Kind of unusual though had my bud 2CW957 with me as always on sundays so contacts can get both coasts at same time... But what was weird about it was the fact I was getting the Euro stations in 5x7x9 he wasnt hardly hearing them at all:unsure:

19 Div 517 Jan

327KL137 Peter

26CT580 Paul

13AT218 Martin

35OD127 Gregon

26SD117 Jeoff

9SD001 Al 7x9 30 over

348SA139 Marco

29WW787 or 1 Justin (couldnt read my chicken scratch writing)

9WC341 Tom

Then there was 122SD103 calling for alaska and 33 ET101 answered could hear both in there also 9WR2000 was on side hearing also, We was quiet to let them have there QSO then tryed to get to them and they was gone :sad:

So had a bit of a QSO with Robin with 10AD171 Andy in there also, again my ears just couldnt make him out for a QSO... All my 9 Div contacts was from the west side again kind of unusual conditions today..
Then for a few hrs there was some IDIOT jamming the freq with music and noise makers so I just shut it off for now.......

Then there was 122SD103 calling for alaska and 33 ET101 answered could hear both in there also 9WR2000 was on side hearing also, We was quiet to let them have there QSO then tryed to get to them and they was gone :sad:
Yea, that was painful to listen to. The Alaska guy keep keying up over his contact. Thats what I meant buy some people just need to listen first. Isn't that some kind of HAM motto? The station from Barbados was coming in here very strong, it would have been any easy contact ... C'est la vie!

So had a bit of a QSO with Robin with 10AD171 Andy in there also, again my ears just couldnt make him out for a QSO...

Well, that was an experiment in why having a vertical is advantageous over a beam. There was 707, Mike in Ottawa, the other side of my country to the east, and the Andy in Mexico and Bruce in Arizona and I was able to converse with ALL of you at once ... I felt like I was hosting a NET call-in.:LOL:

OK
Heard 9WR2000 talking to:

43DA021 Brian 5/5 Australia

Also made the QSO right after 'Klondike' took his turn. Brian lives in in Ceduna, Australia about ~400 miles to the NW of Adelaide along the S coast of Australia. Brian was talking on a 6 element beam using 20 watts on SSB with a stock mic/radio.
Talk about an argument to have/use a beam!

EDIT:
Almost talked to UA0FO about 300 mi E of Lake Baikal/Russia - just 200 mi N of Mongolia on 10m. He was 5/9+. The only reason I didn't is that he decided he had enough DX for the day and was going to have a bite to eat and got off the radio. That would have been sweet. Next time . . .

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.