• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

West Coast/California DX contacts today . . .

>>Heard 9WR2000 talking to:43DA021 Brian 5/5 Australia ...Also made the QSO right after 'Klondike' took his turn. He lives in in Ceduna, Australia about ~400 miles to the NW along the S coast of Australia.

Thanks Robb for coming in and being the cleanup batter. I got to third base but his signal was 2x2 here and I didn't get all the pieces. Damn beam antenna of yours!

Ok got 2 more myself...

79BM747 Nello

43SD280 Jordan he was 5x7 to my station with no ears to the south..

Then I get a text from my bud in Ill saying he could hear Jordan talk to me but did not hear me... And was patient and got him after Jordan talked to 131 div... Also heard 9WR2000 in there for a minute again then conditions went away.. Still waiting for that elusive 2WR011 to come into my station, Talked all around his QTH but not to him yet

Good for you Bruce. I've been trying to get Matt the last couple of days. He's doing an "expedition" in West Samoa. He's only there till the 7th.

Forgot to mention, seemed like so long ago already even thought it was just this afternoon. I made contact with 223/DX1, Matt in West Samoa. He was all business and we didn't spend much time chatting. He is only there for one more day. See link below for his expedition website;

Delta-Xray Radio Club - Delta-Xray's homepage at Internet

Forgot to mention, seemed like so long ago already even thought it was just this afternoon. I made contact with 223/DX1, Matt in West Samoa. He was all business and we didn't spend much time chatting. He is only there for one more day. See link below for his expedition website;

Delta-Xray Radio Club - Delta-Xray's homepage at Internet

Congrats Robin persistance pays off

I am still waiting for my first 50 div contact though I am getting closer to getting it....

Yesterday was a total 'bust' due to high levels of local static conditions.
However, today it seems like I was net control.
I sat on .570 and was taking calls/WKD these for quite some time.
Conditions were excellent.

19DX056 Twan 5/9 Netherlands
327KL137 Peter 5/9 Slovenia
19AC777 Mark 5/9 Netherlands
14ET1169 Eric 5/9 France
26OK224 Richard 5/9+ England
161SC074 Jack 5/8 Poland (sending a QSL card)
1SD118 Robert 5/8 Italy (needs a better mic!)
26MU876 Paul 5/9 England (just 25 watts and a vertical)
15SD11 Steve 5/3 Austria

Still coming in . . . Will update . . .

1GI128 Doriano 5/9 Italy
26AA002 Dez 5/9 England
108VS555 Darryl 5/4 Scotland
29B117 Gordon 5/9 Ireland
1SD227 Giancarlo 5/9+ Italy/SWL (Giancarlo was +20 S-units - I have talked to him a few times before)

SOLAR CONDITIONS:
Sunspot numbers: 154
SFU: 187

Attachments

• hmi200.gif
    hmi200.gif
    16 KB · Views: 256
Last edited:
WOW the band was open today... To bad I was working:cry: did make some contacts when I had to make a bank run and then had one at Lunch.. Then the ride home got 2 more contacts all in the Mobile..........

19SD348 Henry a good QSO while driving I was 5x5 he was 7x9

136/14AT340 Marc 5x5 doing QSL Xchange he will be there 3 months, so go get him........

25HF-DX I believe this was Yogi had a big truck go by (transister blister wiped out my recieve)while trying to QSO and then was gone

79BM747 Nello

Kind of a split decision what best contact for the mobile 19 Div or 25 Div?
Probaly going have to go with 19 Div today due to more stable

Another busy DX day today on the West Coast on 11m.

14OK010 Eric 5/7 France

16OT563 Jean 5/5 Belgium

16AT126 Art 5/4 Belgium

19AT15 Ron 5/9 Netherlands

47PL122 Arne 5/8 Denmark

19ON1007 Patrick 5/6 Netherlands

35SD079 Peter 5/2 Austria

26OK224 Richard 5/8 England

68ET001 James 5/9 N.Ireland

26DP015 Dennis 5/9 England

68AT103 Paul 5/9 N.Ireland

26AR159 Mike 5/7 England

14AT169 Eric 5/6 France

14GG628 Steven 5/8 France

20AD03 Manual 5/9 Spain

163AT116 Beth 5/9 Wales

Didn't have a chance to get on 10m before the static conditions out here began to rise up. Will add Pacific contacts as they come in this afternoon.

Sure would like to see some of those QSL cards put up here on this thread from the other posters on this thread.
C'mon guys; let's see some of those cards!!!

This is a copy of a QSL card from Twan - that was a contact from yesterday's tally:

00000001.jpg

Very nice day Robb.........

Big ol' Goose egg for me today even at lunch not much on from what I could hear..
Then after work it was quiet... Even the chicken channel:cry:

And by the way looks like Feb 4th for my tech test :w00t: Could do one sooner but do not like to go to the BIG city, people down there make one go PHYSCO

Well kind of a weird day again heard a bit of Euro this Morning Just couldnt get back? It got quiet for a while...Then the IDIOTS came on playing there music and having conversations with themselves....Its a wonder anyone can make contact with that crap going on ! Now I know why there was a record amount of peeps passing the Tech test in Cali !!!

Heard DXman and gave a quick hello as he talked to his bud in Minnesota

Did get one good DX though

205AT048 Paulo

Looking forward to getting my ticket now (y)

Off of the NW coast of Africa?
Niiiiice catch!
Some DX is better than no DX!
That was cool and tasty, 2WD40.

I did better on 10m than I did on 11m today:

14SD223 Rick 5/9 France
163AT116 Beth 5/7 Wales
68AT149 Martin 5/8 N.Ireland
68FB030 Bill 5/8 N.Ireland

But on 10m, I got a bunch @ 5/9. Slovenia, Poland, Spain, Portugal, Netherlands, Scotland, Belgium, and more.
Also a couple of first time contacts that I can add to the log - Lithuania and Sardinia.
JaZZeD . . .

Found this QSL card of Beth from Wales online:

163at116_beth.jpg

Last edited:
Just a couple on the free band today:

233SD102 Dan 5/9 Romania

1KW001 Luciano 5/7 Italy

Also heard Norway; but that turned out 'no way' as it slipped away before I could get that contact.

Romania is a new country contact for 11m; already got it on 10m.

The Luciano/Italy contact was from my mobile. I talked to him for about five minutes. He had my strength between 5/4 and 5/7. Of course, my mobile is just 35 watts but it did the job again. My first long DX/QSO from my mobile into Europe was Ireland just three weeks ago. Then, Germany two weeks ago. Now, Italy today. Seems to be getting farther into Europe each time. Who knows about next week - at this rate?

10m was really outstanding today. Shined much brighter and clearer than any 11m contact by far. Poland, Sweden (new country contact), Greece (new country contact - 5/9+ at that!), Bosnia/Herzegovina(2), Italy(2), Belgium, Holland, Slovenia, and Germany. Almost had the Ukraine too (5/9+); there were just way too many callers and never had the chance after ~25 minutes of trying/waiting. Many countries were coming in at 5/9+ BTW. Great gear, antennas, and radio operators that know how to handle several hundred contacts and get the job/contact work done right.

Maybe tomorrow then for the Ukraine . . . Maybe . . .

EDIT:

Just got Muar, Maylasia on 10m
Real Jazzed!

Last edited:
Well it was good day for most part started early this morning with the rain we had.. Hooked a new radio today a President Lincoln and once tuned in did just fine.. MUCH THNX to Henry 19SD348 with getting it on Freq and the Kenwood mic where I was not over doing it... as Normal he was coming in 7x9

let me see if I can read my chicken scratch for the day..

19AT027 Frits

26SD046 Phillip

16PU001 Jak

158NTR277 Narvin

29WT200 NIck good long QSO 7x9

33SD108 Ely (on Kodiak Island)

201PT Henry wouldnt give last part of call very little english

All the QSO above was with my bud 2CW957 in Ill we was yaking on .570 all day and they came to us..

But the sad thing is there was a few VERY RUDE stations on the east coast and west coast that was trying to key over us while having those QSO's

Then after Chad was gone a did a couple more

9TOC135 Wayne good long QSO

41ET133 Sean very faint my first 41 div contact in 16+ years

43SS97 Sid for a quick help Thnx Mate

I took this morning off and slept in for a needed change.
After getting up every day at 6AM over the last 3 1/2 weeks, I needed the break.

I did talk to Australia a few times during the PM hours.
Also got 302SD202 Aleksey 5/6 in Vladivostok, Russia too.

What can I say about 10m?
Well, that contact N of Mongolia deep in Russia that I posted earlier on this thread did not escape me today!
Got him 5/9.
<UA0FO in YUZHNO-SAKHALINSK, RUSSIA (just N of Mongolia E of Lake Baykal) on 28.466.8mHz/USB @ 2011-11-13 23:21:00 UTC>

Also had a nice chat with Henry HPSD 19SD348 from this forum yesterday.
We talked about his new new beam design, the folded dipole Yagi beam.

Very interesting.
And yes Henry HPSD, I would very much appreciate the plans to build one and try it out and even review it.
So long as I can do a 4 element beam and build it to specifications, I'd give it a try.

My rotor used on my beam is starting to fail me.
Not that it hasn't seen a long life, as it was built/sold in the late 50's!
I will have to begin to look for a newer one, and see if I cannot score one used if I find what I am looking for.

This is a picture found online for the Russian contact/station I made today:

Attachments

• ua0fo.jpg
    ua0fo.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 277
Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.