• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What is meant by "I just got down"?

Now here's an idea. Use one of those sound-card morse-code programs to send "-.-. .-- --/ .. .--- ..- ... -/ --. --- -/ -.. --- .-- -." at 20 WPM and one of those "PP-1" noise-toys to record it.

Wire it up as a roger beep.

Nobody will get the joke.

Threatened for years to rip the four signature guitar notes from Pink Floyd's "Wish You Were Here", and make a roger beep from that. When somebody asks "What's that?", I could answer "That's Roger Waters. My radio has a Roger Roger."

Er, whatever happened to "Back Quiet" ?

nomadradio said:
Now here's an idea. Use one of those sound-card morse-code programs to send "-.-. .-- --/ .. .--- ..- ... -/ --. --- -/ -.. --- .-- -." at 20 WPM and one of those "PP-1" noise-toys to record it.

Wire it up as a roger beep.

Nobody will get the joke.

Threatened for years to rip the four signature guitar notes from Pink Floyd's "Wish You Were Here", and make a roger beep from that. When somebody asks "What's that?", I could answer "That's Roger Waters. My radio has a Roger Roger."

Er, whatever happened to "Back Quiet" ?

morsecode.scphillips.com/jtranslator.html

8) I use that one all the time, and im back quiet !

I asked a question because I don't know! :( Everybody turned it into a joke. I was asking a honest question. What if I made fun of everybody's "SWR-RRRRRRRRR'S" question--you'd hop on that like icing on cake. How many "SWR-RRRRRRRRRR'S" are there in ONE feedline?? Still didn't get an answer.

CWM

C W Morse said:
I asked a question because I don't know! :( Everybody turned it into a joke. I was asking a honest question. What if I made fun of everybody's "SWR-RRRRRRRRR'S" question--you'd hop on that like icing on cake. How many "SWR-RRRRRRRRRR'S" are there in ONE feedline?? Still didn't get an answer.

CWM

ummmmmmm your allready do. but anyway its just an expression. usualy used at the end of transmission to say there done talking, and that they think they have a "big" radio.

kinda like when you see someone in the 70's really cuuting up the rug. some would say "damn look at that dude hes really getting Doooooownnnnnnnn."

go ahead try it, you know you want too. LOL

Oh CW lighten up. I said it as a joke to be a little lighthearted since we are usually knocking heads. I'm serious though. You oughta just let your hair down once and try it :D :p

CW...tisk tisk...ask and you shall receive.

You were around and at "that age" when Disco was alive and well. Were'nt you?

Don't you remember K.C. and Sunshine Band???

Artist: K.C. & The Sunshine Lyrics
Song: Get Down Tonight Lyrics

Baby, let's get together
Honey hush, me and you
And do the things
Ah, do the things
That we like to do
Oh . . .

Do a little dance, make a little love
Get down tonight, get down tonight

Ba-by
I'll meet you
Same place, same time
Where we get
We get together
And please our mind (?)
Oh . . .

Baby . . . oww . . .

Baby . . .

Get down, get down, get down, get down
Get down tonight, baby
Ooh-hoo-hoo-hoo
Get down tonight, baby
Ooh-hoo-hoo-hoo

Now now now . . .

Get down tonight, baby
Ooh-hoo-hoo-hoo
Get down tonight, baby
Ooh-hoo-hoo-hoo
Get down tonight, baby
Ooh-hoo-hoo-hoo

Let's do it right

Get down tonight, baby
Ooh-hoo-hoo-hoo
Get down tonight, baby
Ooh-hoo-hoo-hoo...

What B.S. you trying to pull?

BTW...you CB'ers are crazy...Only Women Go Down!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated