• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What is meant by "I just got down"?

123michigan said:
cwm i would rather preferabbly hear ya say this is cw morse and i just got down instead of hearing cqdx cqdx this is n**** and i'm qrt and standing by.

It would not be QRT, that means turning the radio off. Can't stand bye with a turned-off radio! Only do CW here, can't hear voice. Have no idea what they say on phone, but it wouldn't be QRT. :D

o

frmboybuck said:
CW I think that was Sams point.....You hear it all the time out there

...............and where do you hear this? Why, on CB, of course! Them "dumb" ole hams mostly know their Q signals! :D :p

-. -. --.- -.-. --.- -.. . - .... . -- - .... .- .-. ...
-- .- .-. - -.-. -... . .-. ... :p

This is to see if you are copyin' the mail! So don't be offended by it. It is all in fun. I just wanted to see who can translate it.
:D

Happy New Year to All!

And I am QRT and standin' by!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :twisted:

CWM

NNQCQDETHEMTHAR...
--ARTCBERS

QRT = Shall I stop sending? Stop sending.

This is the real morse code meaning in question and answer form. Can't you be QRT from your present qso and standing by for a future qso ? You have just told the operator that you have stopped sending. I guess it's in the interpretation. I don't use the phrase myself.

QRZ = Who is calling me? You are being called by ..

... --- -- . / --- ..-. / - .... --- ... . / -.. ..- -- -... / --- .-.. -.. / -.-. -... . .-. ... / .- .-. . -. - / .- ... / -.. ..- -- -... / .- ... / -.-- --- ..- / - .... .. -. -.-

Re: o

[quote="C W Morse

CWM[/quote]

Geesh Jerry, I think you need to check out the spacing and tension on your key.Either that or stop sending CW with a bug while mobile. :p ;)

-- .- .-. - -.-. -... . .-. ...

This is to see if you are copyin' the mail! So don't be offended by it. It is all in fun. I just wanted to see who can translate it.

Yea I copy the mail.......You said "Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah....." Code is LONG gone my friend.....If I had no voice box I might consider using it but since I can speak just fine I will just say what I have to say. Im QRT and soon to be a general........

Re: o

QRN said:
[quote="C W Morse

CWM

Geesh Jerry, I think you need to check out the spacing and tension on your key.Either that or stop sending CW with a bug while mobile. :p ;)[/quote]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! :D :p

You know, I have a hard time translating WRITTEN Morse myself much less writing it! Morse is a reflexive mode meant to be HEARD and not written. I have an awful time with it no matter how it is written! :D :shock:

CWM

Sonwatcher said:
CW,
If you want to be technical, why do hams use Q codes when using voice ? They are meant for morse code abbreviations.

I can't answer that because I don't know. But abbreviations are a part of the spoken language as well, so I guess it tends to shorten things a bit. :)

CWM

I know what you mean Jerry. CW is meant to be HEARD not SEEN. I have a hard time translating it when I see it even when it is sent with a light.Just can't get the rythmn going. :?

I actually HATE to mess with written CW anyhow--unless I'm clowning around like I was up the thread! I keep losing my place and have to back up and start over. One of the beautiful things about Morse is you don't HAVE to copy every letter to know what's being sent. If one had to literally copy EACH character in a string, NO ONE would ever be able to run along at 40 WPM (NO way, I can't do that--about 15-20 is my most comfortable copy :) ) I think that that is one of the things that defiantly anti-Morse people don't realize. However, missing characters is simply no big deal. You just learn to copy what you can and fill in the blanks later; you just have to train yourself not to stop to figure out that last letter and keep gittin' up! Also, as you learn CW, your speed builds because you can anticipate what is going to be said; IOW, you literally *know* what he's going to say BEFORE he sends it! :D That may not make sense to a non_Morse person, but it is how it works! You just have to *learn* it to understand how it is--and why it IS fun--even more so than jabbering about being "destinated" LOL! :p

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated