1. In celebration of the launch of the new redesigned site, we just gave away a FREE antenna! Click Here to See Who Won!

what is the diff in these uniden grants?

Discussion in 'CB and Export Equipment and Accessories' started by soxxs22, Sep 26, 2005.

1. soxxs22

soxxs22 Guest

what is the diiference in the Uniden Grants listed below :?: What years were each of them manufactured and where :?:

1) Uniden Grant (or ive seen as President Grant)
    2) Uniden Grant XL (which i own one)
    3) Uniden Grant LT

Im sure this is a question many might be interested to see, those that dont follow the CB world so closely.

THANK YOU

2. Butcher318

Butcher318 Active Member

You own the best of the three.

3. pinejuice

pinejuice Member

of those 3 the difference is just the face they are all the same..

4. Switch Kit

Switch Kit Active Member

unless there was a later model of the President Grant ? it was not like the Grant XLs or LT's .....My Pres Grant was nothing like them .....it was a very heavy tank of a radio !! and carried the 858PLL ,I'd guess to say it was made around 1979 or so and also had a relay in the radio .....if there was another Pres Grant after that one ? I must have missed it ? I know my first Grant XL I got in 1990 it was a totally different board design and I also had a 1989 Cobra 148 GTL that was a clone to my XL .....both were made in the Phillipines. The LTs were pretty much the same as the XLs ......it was Unidens last model ...late 90s to early 2000s .....and then they were discontinued there after. )-: My opinion is that they were more then likely the best AM/SSB CB that Uniden ever made....they were great receiving radios.