• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What is your all time favorite BASE AMP?

Robb I agree, lot of over conensation with people using amps. Now with that being said, poor conditions even a really good antenna wont cut it, like the low bands have been here this last week. Nothing nada.

Reactions: 1 person
There are a very very few number of Joker base amplifiers out there. Joker amplifiers I think were the best ever custom built 10m (wink wink) amplifiers. Built to order with options like regulated AB bias, pre-amp, varibale power, built in hi pass filter, meter, internal power supply for a radio, remote jack, all wrapped in diamond plate and fan cooled.

Amp

D&A Phantom Triple Stage amplifier and a JB 150 Blackcat for a driver is my favorite amp combo. D&A has three power levels to use as you need it and when wanting to really touch DX land drive it on high with the JB 150. The old D&A amps are almost bullet proof.

I used to run a 10 tube, 3 stage Phantom 500 and a JB modulator into it think it may have been the 150, don't remember but it was a awsome setup...long time ago too....

Also ran a MS 250 into a XF40012HD amp, this also was a awsome amp...
Id have to say this one ....

Fav Amp

No question - Icom 2KL, had mine 30 years, been recapped 4 times,

500 Watts out at day one, 500 watts out today.............

My Tokyo Hy-Power 1.5KFX. Auto band switching is great.

Second - AL-80A Mine is running the original tube from 1984.

If I had an Alpha 9500 I'm sure that would be my favorite.

No question about it.....My Worldwide MF-800B and I drive it with a TNT350HD on a 70 amp Ashtron power supply.
5 years and still perfect.
I did own an Ameritron AL-1500 amp about 15 years ago but the transformer went out and I sold it. Fantastic piece when working to spec. AES is sure proud of their service dept with their estimate to repair.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.