• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

whats a good potentiometer cleaner ????

With any solvent...it is critical that you chose the right one for the right surface...or the solvent may eat the surface.

Using a control cleaner with a lube in it made for use on components is a big difference from using WD-40 ;-).

I prefer something with a dry lube if anything...otherwise the poster talking about dust and other contaminants becoming abrasive is right on the money.

My suspicions on the control cleaner with a lube is that it has something specific for control/contact surfaces...I just don't know that product specifically.

I think it was CRC that used to make Blue Shower, that stuff was great but I think it has now been banned. Used lots of that years ago for cleaning pots.

Blue Shower was great for cleaning metal surfaces like switch and relay contacts.It would clean with every action of the contacts. I found it to be not quite so good for pots.It tended to wear away the carbon tracks as it was slightly abrasive to begin with.

i called Deoxit and spoke to a lady that told me the %100 formula would be best for me . i asked if i needed a seperate lubricant for the pot after i clean it and she said i didnt that the %100 formula has a lubricant in it already . i was concerned the %100 product might be too harsh/strong , but its what she recommends for 2 way radio , mic and amp pots . i told her my equipment varied in age from about 30 yrs old (washington,D104) to only a couple of years old (500v) and she said it would be fine .

does that sound right to you folks familiar with their products ?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.