• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

why does the fuse in my cb radio keep blowing

megatron

Aug 18, 2008
Cincinnati
i have a general A.P. hill cb radio is makes my third fuse
i'm using an adapter to plug in my ac adapter, i don't know where the fuse box is in my 2012 chevy malibu

Hmm, which fuse are you talking about? The simplest general answer is that the current draw is too high. That could be for several reasons, one of them being an incorrectly made connection.
- 'Doc

Hmm, which fuse are you talking about? The simplest general answer is that the current draw is too high. That could be for several reasons, one of them being an incorrectly made connection.
- 'Doc

it's the one where the power cord is when you buy the radio

What size fuse do you have in the fuse holder?
What size fuse does the owners manual say should be in there?
Have you had any work done to the radio?
Did this just start happening out of the blue with no other symptoms?

Jeff

megatron,

we've been through this before bro, you've got to provide more details in your posts when you are asking for help.

tell us EXACTLY what radio, which cords, which adapters, and where in the vehicle you are trying to hook them up to.

your post may take a while to write, but you will get much better help this way.

LC

---if anyone has any questions regarding the semantics of my post, feel free to PM me.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.