• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Why would you ever possibly need these connector "adapters".

if your a person that removes your antenna coax after each radio use then I could see them usefull for saving wear on the radio or amp so-239 connector,, I use a short usb jumper on my work laptop because all day it gets devices plugged into it,, it saves the usb port from wearing out(has happened before)

I've seen these used to chain a balun and choke together.

If this connector works then why not simply connect the two together without it? The connector does nothing for cross-series or cross-gender changing.

if your a person that removes your antenna coax after each radio use then I could see them usefull for saving wear on the radio or amp so-239 connector,, I use a short usb jumper on my work laptop because all day it gets devices plugged into it,, it saves the usb port from wearing out(has happened before)

I suppose perhaps but there is a LOT of life in a PL-259/SO-239 connection. I can see the USB thing as they are quite flimsy by comparison and contact life is a lot shorter.

I use one to connect MIDLAND portable radio 75 822 to a LIL WILL antenna in my car ! Works great !

The Midland 75-822 portable has a BNC antenna connector on it. This "adapter" is simply a male UHF on one and and a female UHF on the other.

I've seen dudes (including myself) use some strange configurations. I still want one of these. You never know when you might need one, lol.

Your link is a UK seller. You know how them guys can be sometimes. I bet their junk drawers have a few of these.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.