• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

window pass through

bluestallion

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
May 13, 2008
I'm looking for something like the MFJ adapter that lets you run your coax through window. But not wanting to spend that much. Was wondering if knew any place else that sold something like this. Thanks

The least expensive method I know of is to use a piece of plexiglass. Cut it to fit your window, drill your holes and mount double female bulkhead SO-239 connectors through it. The DIY window passthrough will save you quite a few $$$ compared to the cost of a premade one. ;)

I've thought of something like that. Or to make the holes big enough to pass my coax through, then use a rubber seal ,and little cocking glue to seal out elements

Those coax "pass through" connectors are called 'bulkhead' connectors, and come in several lengths. Pick the one that would work best for your application.
Got double windows? Make a thingy like a 'T', the top bar wide enough to close both windows on. The vertical part tall enough to allow those bulkhead connectors adequate clearance. Something like a couple of 1 x 4's ought'a work in most cases. Make it as simple/fancy as you like.
- 'Doc

Ive looked at those MFJ window plates aswell and they are pretty nice they have a ground lug and they even have a passthrough connection for my towers antenna rotor plug (y)

If you are not going to run real big power you can use a jumper by Jetstream it is only good for 100 watts,or less.The part # JT1010J2,at randl.com the price is right too 12.95 + the shipping and tax...They also have one at HRO but i have to find the part # for it ,but it was about 60.00 if i rember right..

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.