• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

wouxun kg-uv950p

Brett Dean

May 28, 2015
Hey guys. I currently have a Cobra 29 wxnwst, and I was just given a Wouxun kg-uv950p Quad Band.

Question: Is there, or has anyone successfully used the Wouxun for 11m Am? Is it as simple as using the Program/Unlock Software, or do I need to open this radio an do a mod on it? I still want to use it for 10/6/2 and 70, as well as 11m AM.

Can anyone help me with this? MARS/CAP Mod?

Last edited:

I don't think so. The AM rx is 108-136mhz, even if you could get it to transmit it would most likely be on the freqs listed above. Its a VHF/UHF amateur radio that I believe a license is needed to use it. Totally different radio than your cobra 29cb!!! Don't use it unless you're licensed or know what licensing is needed. JMHO.

I don't think so. The AM rx is 108-136mhz, even if you could get it to transmit it would most likely be on the freqs listed above. Its a VHF/UHF amateur radio that I believe a license is needed to use it. Totally different radio than your cobra 29cb!!! Don't use it unless you're licensed or know what licensing is needed. JMHO.

Thank you. There isn't a frequency unlock for these? I'm currently studying for the Tech. so I can use the radio legally, I was just wondering if there was a mod for it. I just thought i'd ask if there was a mod because it seems this is loosely asked in this forum. I guess I'll either use my Cobra, or sell it for a smaller cb ssb radio. I just don't have a lot of room in my truck for two radios.

Thanks again 222DBFL

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.