• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Wouxun KG-UVD1P Software Mod

Hey guys, I'm having issues getting a driver to work with the radio and cable. Could someone be so kind as to take a looky and see what driver windows is using please? I'm on Vista. Thanks.

Col.

Mine is the Prolific version 3.2.0.0 dated 7/31/2007

And that one did the trick! Thanks mate, now I can go back to the fun of deciphering the Wouxun manual :)

I must say that for the money these little jiggers are amazing. One hell of a lot of radio for very little investment. It makes you wonder about the cost of the SRP-9100s that these will be replacing in a lot of cases around here. I bet they don't cost all that much more to make.

I opened up the band limits on my Wouxun with no problems. However, I was wondering is there a way to program the channels/frequencies so the unit will not transmit on a channel?

For example I have the local WX freq. 162.550 mHz programmed into the radio and I don't want to say sit on the HT and irreverently transmit on 162.550 and have the FBI come knocking on my door a few days later.

I opened up the band limits on my Wouxun with no problems. However, I was wondering is there a way to program the channels/frequencies so the unit will not transmit on a channel?

For example I have the local WX freq. 162.550 mHz programmed into the radio and I don't want to say sit on the HT and irreverently transmit on 162.550 and have the FBI come knocking on my door a few days later.

Program in an odd split and have the TX frequency either outside the range it will transmit on in which case it will simply display an error or program in an odd simplex frequency like 146.555 in which case it will simply transmit with very limited range inside the ham band. Some radios you can program the power level as well in which case set it at the lowest possible setting.

I use the software for my kg-uv6d and on frequencies that I am only monitoring, I leave the transmit portion blank. ie only enter frequency on the receive. This has to be done from the software and then download to the HT as far as I know.

hello everyone.. i have a quick question for u guys.. i own 2 Wouxun KG-UVD1P.. 1 with s/n:I10-xxxx, the other with s/n:K12-xxxx..

the problem i'm facing now is that i could unlock the I10 set with the software no problem.. but when i tried with the other (K12), it reads an unusual band range (see attachment).. k12.jpg

i could not write the new frequencies to the K12 set because it would say 'connection failure'.. after some tries it will say 'write successful' but nothing's changed on the set... i've searched everywhere for the solution but to no avail....

are the new sets now locked?

thanks

I have been going crazy trying to program MARS into radio
unlock worked great thanks for the efforts Jack

KG-UV3D Tx Mod Problem

I cant seem to figur out how to get the Tx mod to work, I keep getting the "Connect Failur" Messege.... Help

I cant seem to figur out how to get the Tx mod to work, I keep getting the "Connect Failur" Messege.... Help

It's a serial port issue - you have to figure out which port the software is expecting and which one your PC is configured for. Once you get that lined up, you'll be able to connect.

I also had the error message 'connection failure', this was down to the plug at the radio end of the cable not being fully inserted. Make sure you push the connector all the way home.

Frequency change did not work

i got the wouxun KG-UVD1P, with a range of 350-470. i tryed to change it to 420-520. even though the software work, the radio still does not rx or tx out off the range that it originally had, any idea what could be the problem?

Aircraft band?

Has anyone been able to modify this to receive the Aircraft band (108-137MHz AM)? I don't need to transmit on these frequencies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.