• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

WOW and double WOW! So... anbody have one?

I didn't do any research so I don't know if my statement is correct or not, but the antenna tuners in many of the modern HF transceivers could probably tune into one of those high-priced ($100) magnetic Mount antennas.
And if it's stealth you're looking for just mount it right above the driver's seat. That way you can just stick your hand out the window and rip the magnetic Mount right off the top of your roof and throw it in the passenger seat. It don't get any more stealthier than that. Just my two cents. 73

Damn for that price, if it don't get out all over my surrounding counties, like my old lady, no need to bother..

Reactions: binrat
I didn't do any research so I don't know if my statement is correct or not, but the antenna tuners in many of the modern HF transceivers could probably tune into one of those high-priced ($100) magnetic Mount antennas.
And if it's stealth you're looking for just mount it right above the driver's seat. That way you can just stick your hand out the window and rip the magnetic Mount right off the top of your roof and throw it in the passenger seat. It don't get any more stealthier than that. Just my two cents. 73

Most internal tuners can deal with a 3:1swr, maybe 5:1 max. They aren't that great.

For the money I'd still go with something else. You could buy a bug catcher, screwdriver and hamstick for every band and still be ahead. It wouldn't be the cool new gadget that some are willing to pay for. The antenna system a person uses on HF tells you a lot about them.

Reactions: rabbiporkchop
Some folks are just lazy and want a one-size-fits-all solution so they never have to touch it.
True, but there are exceptions. 1 multi-band antenna on a mobile HF setup looks better than multi-antennas!

AntennaCar.jpg

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated