• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Wow! Dual band Chinese mobile - KT-8900 - $15CAN!!

Klondike Mike

May 31, 2010
Alberta, Canada
tinyurl.com
I ordered a pair of these. Under $30US for 2!!

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Dual-Band-13...350536?hash=item3d49835bc8:g:5~IAAOSwtmRZx3Xe

$_57.JPG

You're kidding me?
Of course, you will need to review it after you get it . . . hehe . . .

EDIT:
Just ordered one. Wow; 25w and a programming cable? Just hope the receiver is better than the Baofeng. But at half the price with many xtras, gonna put it in my mobile and pull out my Yaesu.

Last edited:
I hope this is a misprint.
Receiver
Sensitivity: 0.25V / 0.35V

They still have them available. Click on the vendor name and see what else is listed. I pulled the trigger on one. When a Chinese company starts to market an item they have no idea what it is worth and put it out there and gradually increase the price until sales slow down a bit and that's where they sell.

Last edited:
It's not the receiver sensitivity that concerns me. It's the receivers adjacent channel rejection that one should be concerned with. The Baofeng has no adjacent rejection. If you don't have it set for a repeater and use it on simplex; it will even pick up the NOAA weather freq's when on 146.520mhz; some 15mhz away!

But for a paltry cost of ~$16, I can use it for local UHF/VHF repeaters and have at it in the moblie and not moan about it . . .

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?