• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

WTB: ChipSwitch IC chip for HR-2510, HR-2600 and President Lincoln

JTuscani

Aug 23, 2014
Looking to buy a Chipswitch IC for the President radios named above. If you have one for sale, preferably NOS, or know someone who may have one, please let me know.

If Tallman has one or knows where to get one other than Mr. Snake Oil CB shop, then I would go with him. He is a stand up gent, and a good friend. Hope you find one. They aren't easy to come by these days. Good luck.

Looking to buy a Chipswitch IC for the President radios named above. If you have one for sale, preferably NOS, or know someone who may have one, please let me know.

That super snake guy has one for sale for $175 he just tossed up the video a day or two ago. To me the $175 is not worth it to gain 12m on my Lincoln compared to buying a completely new RCI2950 for just a little more than the price of the chipswitch plus you need a scoket and you need steady hands to solder the socket in or pay someone to do it for you. Plus you then need to realign the radio. I do wish I had bought one years ago when you could often find them on ebay for $69 NOS instead of the price they go for today!

If you watch the video, the way the chip was being handled, banged out of the box, no ESD wrist strap to earth ground. Many things would keep me away from it besides the price. And like someone else posted, who's to say he won't just place it in small envelope and mail it like that. Right in the box he was banging it out of!! JMHO. Having worked with static sensitive equipment for years, he may have ruined that chip by now. Without being able to verify that, it's not worth the cost he is trying to sell it for. I don't care how rare they are!!! Like you said, just get a 10-12 meter radio, a new one at that. But anyhow, it's pretty well apparent that if he is living in someone else's house and making the money that he charges people, that he has some sort of habit or problem I would venture to say. But who I am to judge LOL! His work ethics are piss poor, I will say that. The cobra 29 vid that was posted, the tech if it was Timmy, sure didn't have any problem moving it around on his desk and stuff and flipping it over and what not with no towel or nothing around the bezel of the radio. Guess his customers don't care how the radio looks when they get it back LOL! What a shame!!!!

Well, I do appreciate the insights. I had no intention of paying $175+ for a chip. I was just testing the waters to see what existed out here. I recently acquired an HR-2600 that I wanted to mess around with. I do have a second gen 2950 already, as well as many other radios. I am a licensed ham operator, and an accomplished "hoobyist" if that makes any sense. Simply meaning I have a decent electronics background and have no trouble soldering. In addition I have all the required test equipment to realign the radio if I did find a chip. All said and done, it is probably a few decades old, so I am not looking to dump a ton of money into it. Just looking for a new project. Thanks to all you guys for the quick responses, though.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated