• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yaesu FT-250R Review

westtexan

Jun 15, 2011
I've had this FT-250R for several months. It is my first and only HT, but I have been happy with performance so far. I do plan to purchase an SMA/SO-239 jumper cable to take advantage of my mobile antenna while on the road.

Pros:
- Durable construction and sturdy belt clip
- Plenty of features
- Angled display that can be read from top while on belt (albeit upside down)

Cons:
- Plenty of features (but I guess any modern radio has complex menus and multi-function buttons)
- Small buttons
- Not much use for the Monitor button. My mobile radio doesn't have this, so I just turn the squelch all the way down. Why is this necessary on an HT?
- Only 2m...I'm really missing the 70cm band :(

Attachments

• IMG_0177.JPG
    IMG_0177.JPG
    111.5 KB · Views: 539

Good review. I also own one of these and it's one of the best 2 meter hand helds I've used. Buttons are too small but otherwise no complaints.

I can work all the local repeaters easily and the battery life when just monitoring is excellent. For the price a great and easy to use radio.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.