• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

YAESU FT-857D HELP!

Yaesu has stated that the MARS mod will NOT void the warrenty and any radio returned for service will NOT have the MARS mod reversed unless the mod itself is the cause of a problem. AFAIK that has been Yaesu's policy for many, many years.That info was from a review in CQ magazine of Yaesu's service department from several years ago.

YEAH QRN!

Thank you kind sir. I most certainly owe you beer.

Got email back from Yaesu today. They would not answer my question.

Yaesu has stated that the MARS mod will NOT void the warrenty and any radio returned for service will NOT have the MARS mod reversed unless the mod itself is the cause of a problem. AFAIK that has been Yaesu's policy for many, many years.That info was from a review in CQ magazine of Yaesu's service department from several years ago.

Last edited:
Got one!

You guys are right, its a fabulous rig. Also turns out I dont have to do the MARS mod, I thought you had to do that to receive outside of amateur bands. So I guess its general coverage out of the box. Cool!

Now all I have to do is spend the next 4 years learning the manual!

Yeah I noticed that. What does #4 do?

If you notice also, that mod you posted from another web site has been deleted?

The modification you provided shows one extra solder bridge across #4 I believe which is NOT NEEDED

The modification provided in the link above on this forum DOES WORK!

I have the mars mod on my ft 857d, done by a Yaesu service center, and no problem, I have had the radio for 2 years and enjoy it on all modes and bands, with no problems

DOCTOR/795

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.