• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

yaesu ft101e

Yep... "turn all the knobs to the right" is a joke, not a real suggestion
128fs318181.gif

You mean this whole time I have been operating under the laws of a joke????

What we do is, if we need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do? Eleven!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1334685083495.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1334685083495.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 204
My comment was meant to say that sweep tubes are getting expensive and good ones are harder to come by these days, not that they are bad. Also, the original relay is hard to come by, and modifications are needed to run a more available relay. Also, many 101 rigs were run to the wall on 11 meters,am, and that takes a toll too.
Just things to keep in mind.

PR

I bought my FT-101EE few years ago from a non-HAM who seldom used it on 11 meters and in the bootleg band. He gave me the original crystal for 10A, A D-104 with original hand mic and coax and Antron 99.... all for 250 dollars! I think I was the first to use it on 80 meters and it works perfectly! :p:
I was really lucky on this and since he lived only a few blocks from me I could see and try before I bought.... you know the rest!
He kept it covered so right away I knew it was in great condition! It is a very good rig and the analog dial is very close to my IC-746 and other receivers! Easy to tune up and easy tune on frequency, for old school rigs it is hard to beat!
The relays can be had and more common vacuum tubes can be adapted. Possible to drive an external amp for more out put power and possible to use as an exciter for a larger linear with out the final pair.

73 Rod

I bought my FT-101EE few years ago from a non-HAM who seldom used it on 11 meters and in the bootleg band. He gave me the original crystal for 10A, A D-104 with original hand mic and coax and Antron 99.... all for 250 dollars! I think I was the first to use it on 80 meters and it works perfectly! :p:
I was really lucky on this and since he lived only a few blocks from me I could see and try before I bought.... you know the rest!
He kept it covered so right away I knew it was in great condition! It is a very good rig and the analog dial is very close to my IC-746 and other receivers! Easy to tune up and easy tune on frequency, for old school rigs it is hard to beat!
The relays can be had and more common vacuum tubes can be adapted. Possible to drive an external amp for more out put power and possible to use as an exciter for a larger linear with out the final pair.

73 Rod

Cool story :)

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.