• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yaesu FTM-350 Alignment Procedure

Moleculo

Ham Radio Nerd
Apr 14, 2002
For any of the "do-it-yourself" ham techs or anyone else that may want the info, here is a copy of the Yaesu FTM-350 alignment procedure from Vertex Standard.

(y)

Enjoy!

Attachments

• ftm 350 alignment.pdf
    41.7 KB · Views: 903

LOL, I sold most of my bench gear to be able to buy the rig...I wasn't using the stuff that much anymore. It would be nice if I still had it, though for tests just as you described.

From a small sampling a local friend has done on V/U gear, Yaesu seems to be the more consistent of being on spec out of the box. The Kenwood and Icom radios he's had on the bench tend to be farther off....generally too low deviation. They work, but they sound a heck of a lot better after being set up to spec.

Again just a small sample.

Just makes me nuts wondering if the rigs I use are juuust right and the equipment isn't so cheap to do the testing heh. One of these days....

$6k used service monitor to ensure my $200 VHF rig is working right...I find it sort of funny.

I was monkeying around on APRS the other day and tried sending you a message, but you weren't on the air at the time. Neat stuff, hand't really spent any time with it until recently. Had software up with an i-gate going from the house.

Thanks for the alignment stuff, how do you get to the Auto-tuning or manual tuning menu to align the thing? Mine is off freq, and the power output is low on 2M and 220. 220 is only 400mW.

I am one of the lucky ones to have an Aeroflex COM-120C on my bench with 10 MHz standard on it.

Thanks for the info!

N7ROJ

Last edited:
ftm350r adjustment.

O.k
So where is the full story ?

the pdf shows what you need to do but not how on the radio.

where do you adjust in the radio and how do you get into the menus to do this.

not in the pdf.

Typically Yaesu radios use some form of multiple buttons being pressed while powering on the radio. I think I've tried just about every combination and still haven't figured it out yet. Obviously I've either missed one or it's done another way. Hopefully someone figures it out.

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?