• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yaesu FTM-350 Review Summary

It's there...it's one of the Squelch types

I know its a squelch type, just wanted to confirm id does in fact do DSC, that being said I guess I could leave my 700 in the house and get the 350 for the truck. I really like the display and stereo speakers, and the optional internal gps is also a plus. Its really hard to not want one after reading all your review data. Not being able to hook a laptop up to it and do packet is really the only draw back I can see, really no need to digipeat in the truck.

Decisions Decisions :whistle:

It doesn't do DSC, but it does do DCS :) :). DSC is a VHF Marine thing. :)

Sorry fat fingers and not paying attention, but you know what I meant heheh

Will this radio do narrow band VHF to receive public safety freq's ? 153.8525 for instance ?

I have been reading the users manual for the FTM-350 several times on the internet. For me it seems that the radio doesnt have the feature of sending 1750Hz burst tone that some repeaters demand for operation. Is this function possibly integrated in the DTMF-microphone? Can any owner of this radio give me a little input of this matter before I make a purchase?

I have been reading the users manual for the FTM-350 several times on the internet. For me it seems that the radio doesnt have the feature of sending 1750Hz burst tone that some repeaters demand for operation. Is this function possibly integrated in the DTMF-microphone? Can any owner of this radio give me a little input of this matter before I make a purchase?

I also looked in the manual to see and looked at some of the options in the radio, maybe by using the DTMF, but I dont know of any repeaters around my area that use a burst tone or DTMF tones to operate. Some of the local PD repeaters do but those are commercial systems.

The online manual is most likely a North American Manual, there maybe info on the 1750 burst in the European/Import manual as that is where it' used. Send Yaesu an email they will answer your question.

The online manual is most likely a North American Manual, there maybe info on the 1750 burst in the European/Import manual as that is where it' used. Send Yaesu an email they will answer your question.

I have done so a while ago, and was told to forward the question to yaesu.co.uk, but still no response. A variable named "T-CALL" for the programmable F-2 key is mentioned on page 38 in the users manual with no further explanation, could it possibly be the 1750Hz burst tone?

The manual does leave something to be desired, on numerous occasions they explain a cryptic key by just using the cryptic key name in the explanation. I'll try it on mine.

PS.
Checked my other Yaesu manuals (Ft8800 and 8900) and they clear state that T-call is 1750 tone.

Last edited:
The 1750 burst is activated by changing one of the buttons on either the mic or radio face to activate "T-CALL". To do this, hit SET, then SYSTEM, and choose either G05 - F KEY (for the F button on the radio face) or G06 - MIC P KEY to change one of the four P buttons on the mic. Select one of the options and change it to T-CALL, and now when you press that button the radio will TX and emit the 1750 tone burst.

Thank You all for your quick replies! I will definitively get my hands on the Yaesu now, it was exactly the information that I needed to know!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.