• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yaesu unveils their new digital HT

Moleculo

Ham Radio Nerd
Apr 14, 2002
Yaesu has finally unveiled a few details and a picture of their new digital HT!

moleculo-albums-yaesu-digital-picture2923-yaesu-digital-ht.jpg

The new digital HT uses a form of modulation called C4FM (4-level FSK). Radios using this type of modulation are commonly called APCO P-25 in the public safety and LMR markets. Since Motorola now owns Yaesu, it shouldn't be surprising that Yaesu is supporting the same standard already prevalent in Motorola's product line. Yaesu has also completely outlined their digital strategy, which is detailed here: http://www.worldwidedx.com/general-...al-strategy-product-offerings.html#post340306.

Both this new HT and a new mobile radio are slated to be released in early 2012. More info to come!

I wonder what the future of this radio is now that Motorola and Yaesu have parted ways?

I would like to see another digital option on the market to compete against D-Star...

John - KE4HGR

That 'C4FM' is also called 'P25' by Motorola. I'm not so sure it's all it's 'cracked-up' to be, and is still going through it's 'birthing' pains. I think I'll wait and see. (And that 'P25' is not as good as it's 'cracked-up' to be.)
- 'Doc

Nice radio. I like Yaesu's current quality and am hoping they make this rig affordable. I made up my mind after the last $500 HT I owned that I wasn't buying another $500 HT again.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.