• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yaesu VX-8r under water test

Moleculo

Ham Radio Nerd
Apr 14, 2002
I tested the new Yaesu VX-8r claims for being able to survive under water tonight. It was underwater for about 10 minutes total. It passed with flying colors! I didn't really doubt the claims, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little nervous about soaking a brand new radio in the sink. I made a video of the whole thing:

Reactions: 1 person

I tested the new Yaesu VX-8r claims for being able to survive under water tonight. It was underwater for about 10 minutes total. It passed with flying colors! I didn't really doubt the claims, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little nervous about soaking a brand new radio in the sink. I made a video of the whole thing:

YouTube - vx-8r under water test

hey mole your voice sounds remarkably like mine !!!!

and now i know your Call !!!

nice peice!!!!!

wish i could afford something like that right now

Hello Mole:

Wow a great article on the Yaesu VX-8R, and you have the unbalanced state of mind to actually put it under water. You make me feel normal!

Ok I am sure HH will come up with the HT Radio that I feed to Mr. Band Saw. I'll post here so he won't beat me to it. But the HT had it coming!

Humor

Anyway great review on the Yaesu VX-8R we need more great postings like this. Please keep them coming. Glad to hear that the factory duckie antenna was replaced and working quit well. One of the local hams radio guys has a old Keenwood TH-22 HT that we hear him all over the Mojave Desert hinking around the mountain tops. He uses a after market VHF Antenna that is quit long.

Please let us know when ever you figure out the expanded transmit limits.

Jay in the Mojave (The waves of the further)))))))

Home of the Interceptor 10K Antenna

Yes, TX range after the mod is:
50-54
140-174
222-225
420-470

Read on in that other thread past the link to this underwater test...there are about 4 more pages :)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated