• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yes, I passed!

iiiquaziii

Jan 17, 2014
Buffalo NY
Took the license test(s) today....I killed the Tech with only 1 wrong, then failed the General by 1 question. Was bummed so I paid my 15 bucks and took a second crack at it....NAILED it. I'm stoked! Now I can legally use my old Drake TR-7 grandpappy handed down to me. Hope to talk to some of you soon after I show up in the government database.

Since with the Tech license, I can really only use 10m due to the equipment I own, it was pretty much a no-brainer to shoot straight for the General.

There was a lot of cheering and mutual support and fist bumping when fellow testees were called and told if they passed or failed...and encouragement for those who failed to try again. We had 27 people show up for the test. Everyone was really cool, and supportive. Good atmosphere. I was the youngest guy there by far at 32 though. Must be an old guy hobby, but I don't care....lol.

Last edited:

Congrats and welcome. Hope to work you sometime.

Stupid question, but how do I make a signature line like yours, I'd like to list my equipment....and I don't see a signature option in my profile setup page....

Edit: Nevermind, figured it out...

Last edited:
Congrats now Ill have to get off my butt and get my General..
just got to fined the time between 2 jobs... :(

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.