• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yeticom Optima 10/11/12 Meter Export Radio reviewed @ cbradiomagazine.com

Got a video posted on my You Tube page of this radio. http://www.youtube.com/cbradiomagazine

Really enjoying the radio especially for 10 meters. Made some nice contacts this last week into South America, Australia and Asia.

Talked to some operators in Canada the other night and one commented on how nice my audio sounded and asked what I was running. Only complaint I've had at all so far is that my audio with the stock mike is a bit bassy.

[...] Really enjoying the radio especially for 10 meters. Made some nice contacts this last week into South America, Australia and Asia.
I agree 100%

Talked to some operators in Canada the other night and one commented on how nice my audio sounded and asked what I was running. Only complaint I've had at all so far is that my audio with the stock mike is a bit bassy.
The answer is the ICOM HM-36 microphone, but the original Japanese one, not the currently offered Chinese model. The Japanese HM-36 is cleaner, punchier and more articulate. You can get the original Japanese HM-36's at Radio-Mart for $40.00. (HRO is offering the mic for $79.00) I use one on my OPTIMA, and all I get is "superb audio" reports.

thanks

Can anyone tell what the variable power control range is? I am guessing something to 12 watts on the AM average.

I would like to run it into a two pill. But then eventually into a 4 pill (which it appears it is better suited for).

Thanks again.

Can anyone tell what the variable power control range is? I am guessing something to 12 watts on the AM average.

I would like to run it into a two pill. But then eventually into a 4 pill (which it appears it is better suited for).

Thanks again.

just save your money up and get the 4 pill.

agreed

but in the meantime if it will go down to 5 watts AM average, I could run it with my tnt350HD, until I save up for the 4 pill;)

still would be nice just to know what the variable range is if anyone who has one has had a chance to test it.

just save your money up and get the 4 pill.
Power range on AM: 2W (dk) to 15W (dk) SSB: 7W (two-tone) to 50W (two-tone).

And I agree. The four-pill will be better suited to the radio. I recommend the Texas Star DX-500. It is class AB. Has variable input.
TS DX500.
Output Power with 5W input: ~ 125W PEP minimum
Output Power with 20W input: ~ 400W PEP minimum.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.