• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

your favorite CB myth , lies and legends .

this is one of my favorite ones too.
"my galaxy says im in frequency... it must be your yaesu's recieve..."
:LOL:

Despite the fact many galaxy's have proper (i use that term very loosely) counters built in and many ham radios have frequency displays (and are only as accurate as the nugget that aligned it) not counters,the cb must be wrong.

Wish I had a quid for every off frequency ham transceiver I've heard over the years.

"you tune your antenna by trimming coax!"

(with certain exceptions, it's biggest myth and bit of horse---- ever to be born on CB! That's where it came from and that's where it lives in perpetuity!!!)

Long before the big watt competition amps were devised I heard a few.

1) CB Shop owner was bragging on his 3 stage Gray 300(4xMRF455) amps stating that the low side is for local talking and the high side is for shooting skip.

2) Dump truck driver saying how he could change traffic lights with a Golden Eagle 500(They might do 450 peak on a dosy).

3) Another funny one was a claim that a mobile with 200 watts could light up a flourescent bulb from 30 feet away.

4) Whistling in the mic will blow the final out.

5) If your radio keys 4 watts and then you turn a 100 watt amp on.......your coverage distance will increase by 25 times.

6) The FCC will arrest you on the spot for operating any amp in back of a CB.

7) An Antron 99 has a 9.9 db gain.

There are more but I don't have a week to put them all down.

2) Dump truck driver saying how he could change traffic lights with a Golden Eagle 500(They might do 450 peak on a dosy).

Not to pick nits, but if you had a C to the B with the mod limiter clipped and were driving it into the Splatmaster 500, it may have been possible to fiddle with certain traffic signals, particularly before the engineers got wise and put the controls into more robust, shielded enclosures...

I have witnessed same. Not necessarily repeatable with any sort of reliability, but I have witnessed it nonetheless.

I have witnessed an over-modulated CB trip numerous old Car Alarms, too.

Most designers of equipment (and computer programs, for that matter) FAIL miserably when it comes to ERROR CONTROL.

Last edited:
"you tune your antenna by trimming coax!"

(with certain exceptions, it's biggest myth and bit of horse---- ever to be born on CB! That's where it came from and that's where it lives in perpetuity!!!)

How do you know that ? have you been listening in too the big bad cb that you hate soooooooooooooo much ? :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

My 2 pill mobeel will DK 500 and swings 1000 all day long.

Oh, and by the way...................before you call Horse Shit, they are "really big experimental pills" I got from a buddy who works for NASA.

Top secret pills...............................yeah, that's the ticket.

Top secret govmint pills.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated