• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

your favorite CB myth , lies and legends .

The biggest CB myth,lie, or legend has got to be any of the antenna gain figures claimed by Jo Gunn. :LOL: including "audio gain" WTF is that? :headbang

What about the operators that claim Davemade audio is louder than X force audio? How can anyone respond to a joke like that.

Ahh I just remembered that lovely video on youtube of the jet talking to some guy on cb frequencies.

thats not a myth. I fly in the USN for a living as a crewman on a C-130. Our radios span the spectrum from HF to UHF, AM and FM. All we need to do is light up the HF radio and dial in whatever freq we want into the CDNU and talk to cb's from several thousand miles away.. Its fun to listen in too..

thats not a myth. I fly in the USN for a living as a crewman on a C-130. Our radios span the spectrum from HF to UHF, AM and FM. All we need to do is light up the HF radio and dial in whatever freq we want into the CDNU and talk to cb's from several thousand miles away.. Its fun to listen in too..

Hey Valkyrie, welcome to the site! I'm involved with Navy MARS here in Southern California.

Send me your contact info and I'll send you a MARSGRAM from worldwidedx.com :) :) Make sure you let me know if you're afloat or any other relevant info.

I used to do that when I was flying in A3s off the Kitty Hawk. Once the official messages were sent, I had the B/N scan 20 CW for me (I couldn't reach the HF gear from where I was in the 4th crewman seat). Worked a bunch of stuff that way!

I like the one about an antenna brand 'A' having better audio than antenna brand 'B'. Not sure if that's on transmit or receive...
- 'Doc

Hey, my wife used to fly TACAMO on C130s, I'll have to ask her if she ever heard CB up there.

Running a power mic with the volume turned up almost all the way & same with the mic gain on your radio will give you more range lol. Only thing that will do is piss alot people off with the muffled & squeel sound your audio will have

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.