• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Notice: You may not use this site to facilitate the unauthorized selling of copyrighted material including, but not limited to, in the public dxForums, dxGallery, dxChat and private messsages. If you get caught doing this, you will be permanently banned with no second chances. A notice will be placed on the site of why you were banned and any information collected by this site about you will be made known to the copyright holder.

10-11m gizmotchy converted to 6m?

camaro1

Nov 2, 2012
wisconsin
i have a 4 element 10-11m gizmotchy, id like to convert it to 6m use, I downloaded the 6m instructions that has all the dimensions for element length and element spacing but no mention of the gamma match dimensions, and if I go to the giz web site they have all the parts listed for the 10-11m gamma but non for the 6m gamma's,, I would imagine that the 6m gamma is quite a bit shorter overall than the 10-11m gamma? looks like it would be very easy to shorten everything up for 6m, just not sure what to do about the gamma's

camaro1

Nov 2, 2012
wisconsin
i found it,, just entered gizmotchy.com/files and a directory came up and one of the listings was 6m gamma,, along with 10-11m gamma and 2m gamma!!

Attachments

• 6meter_gamma_match_inst.pdf
    61.1 KB · Views: 139
Reactions: binrat

TonyV225

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Apr 18, 2005
Wisconsin
Otherwise just contact Tom he is the owner and will help you with any questions I may be going down there for a day soon here so if you need anything let me know I can grab it while Im there. Weather is finally getting better for us so Ill be able to get my 4 element down and get my 6 element up soon here aswell. I also have to get my 4 elelment Gizmotchy 2 meter beam up in the air so I have quite a few projects on this springs menu.

camaro1

Nov 2, 2012
wisconsin
cool, just got an e-mail back from them, they will sell the 6m gamma's for $17 each,, ill just go that route and shorten everything else up to match the 6m instructions

Reactions: TonyV225

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ AudioShockwav:
  • @ kb9ghn:
    My first thought was the i.r.s. may be interested in a long term money making scam without proper taxes being paid..probably more than electronics involved.
  • @ Toll_Free:
    My first thought was why hasn't someone paid him a visit. I mean, his address is posted above.
  • @ beakster1715:
    Good news! I opened an appeal case after eBay sided with superhawkwss6. I also opened an IC3 case & sent that information to eBay. Within an hour they responded, reversed their decision and returned all of my money. Unfortunately, superhawkwss6 stole my CB radio and eBay will likely not suspend or close his account, but rather allow him to continue his criminal activity. I think I'll still file a report with our sheriff's dept (the sheriff is a friend of mine) though I know this type of crime isn't worth their time. This guy needs to be stopped and I'm certainly going to do my best to make that happen.
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good Evening!