1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This forum does not allow a single user to have more than one username. If anyone wants to change their username contact an admin and it will be done. Multiple accounts belonging to the same member will be deleted without warning.

100 to 150 amp power supply

Discussion in 'Home Brew' started by Radio Tech, Jan 6, 2010.

1. Radio Tech

Radio Tech Radio Operator

I need to put some amperage in my dc supplies. Maybe 100 to 150 amp. 200 would be nice.
    The biggest I have ever built was 30 amp. Anyone got some schematics on supplies this big?

I prefer to roll my own instead of buying one. This way I can custom built it to fit the bench.

Idea’s welcomed.

2. Robb

Robb Yup

Power transformer, diode bridge(s), filter caps for a non-regulated supply?
    Or are you going to build it with a gob of pass transistors and the regulator circuit too?

3. W5LZ

W5LZ Crotchety Old Bastard

At that level of current supply, I think I'd think about using 240 Vac rather than 120 Vac primary supply.
    - 'Doc

4. Radio Tech

That is why I am looking for decent schematics on custom built units.
    First in mind is safety. Dont want nothing that will blow up folks stuff.

5. Radio Tech

240 is no problem. That would be do-able. I have 2 240 feeds in the shop now. One on the work bench and one at the radio bench.