• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

10K or not

• Thread starter CQDX CQDX 927 ONTARIO CAN
  • Start date
C

CQDX CQDX 927 ONTARIO CAN

What can people say about kale's 10K antenna's

Any good stories ect'

Post something

</p>

stargun will shoot em down

I heard that they really cant handle the watts they claim. 30,000 yea right! Sure they look cool but how unoriginal. Stargun has been engineering ant. systems since the early fifties.Truth be known Predator's are knock offs. I own two a single coil competition and a double coil. I run a 5000 watt mobile and i have run several tests i will say this no one can tell any bit of difference between my 10k's and my $15.00 stainless steel whip. now go figure dont believe the hype. If you want to extend your operating range go with a Stargun.

dont believe the hype. Stargun is the best and not to mention the original. i run a 5000 watt mobile and absolutely no one can tell the diffference between the two predators (single and double coils) i own and my stainless steel whips. Go figure... if you really want performance and want to extend your range go with a Stargun. They have been engineering ant. systems for nearly forty years since the early fifties. Oh yeah put the two together and immediately you can see that the Stargun is of much higher quality. break break

stargun will shoot em down

I heard that they really cant handle the watts they claim. 30,000 yea right! Sure they look cool but how unoriginal. Stargun has been engineering ant. systems since the early fifties.Truth be known Predator's are knock offs. I own two a single coil competition and a double coil. I run a 5000 watt mobile and i have run several tests i will say this no one can tell any bit of difference between my 10k's and my $15.00 stainless steel whip. now go figure dont believe the hype. If you want to extend your operating range go with a Stargun.

You won't find a better made antenna than a 10K. You also won't find ANY antenna maker with the customer service Kale has. He is second to mone

one very unique feature about the 10k is its modular design . if a component is dammaged it can be replaced for much less than buying a new antenna . having said that its a damn fine antenna and i love mine !

i dont know why this link/page or the WWRF isnt available frome the main page , but you can still access the 10K forum here.....
Predator 10K Antennas - WorldWide Radio Forum

I'll have to say the Stargun started the modular approach to antenna building also. I've known Troy for many years and have watched as his antennas have progressed. Granted some the the setups with the extra hardware.are not to my liking but others tend to go for them. Each to his own I guess. The Stargun antennas also were the first with a lifetime warranty. I know people who have dragged them down the road when they fell off and Troy replaced them. Imagine that. I have one of his antennas on my truck and love it. VSWR is 1.1-1 40 up and 40 down....no change at all.

StarGuns...Since the early 50's? Been building for nearly 40 years? What kind of math is that your using liono? Is that some of that "Fuzzy Math" I have herd about? The year is 2008...if you go back 40 years, your only at around 68!

By the way...You want to talk about "Hype" StarGun is the worst on Hype. Just wondering too...according to your 3 post, which were all basically the same, it looks to me like you must be a Big Predator 10K fan yourself, seeing how you mentioned you have bought at least 3 Predator 10K's, and two of which are the New Comp. Single Coils! And no where do you mention you even own a StarGun!...Just a $15 102" Whip that you probably bought at a yard sale.

Also, you said something about 30,000w's...Not sure what thats all about, But If a person was set-up to run 30,000w's, Do you really believe he would chance it on a $15 antenna? Or some "Tinker-Toy" looking piece of crap that looks like it came off the Jetsons Space Car?

Hype...No Hype in the Predator 10K's...Just facts...And not over priced like the StarGun Gizmo's...

Last edited:
What I can say about 10K's....

Very light. Surprisingly light. Good for mirror mounts on big trucks.

Made of threaded components, not welded. Makes it simple to replace a damaged part or to try a different configuration.

The best part....

Customer service. I've talked Kale a few times, he's sent me free parts when I tried to pay.

I will continue to run one on a big truck, kinda hard to run a 102.

Just leave sawblades out of it.

Works as well as any antenna ive tried. And it is built better. I only run a 2 pill in my truck so I sure cant coment on power handling but will say this. If running on a trimag mount I like a antenna with a small stinger diameter. That way when you hit a limb the antenna stays on the roof. I dont run big mobiles. I am not into killer mobile systems. I run more at home.Alot easier. I run a 22 inch shaft 10K and a 55. Both work about the same. Peace!

i

for 1
if you run 5000 watt mobile correctly you wont be driving around keying 5000 watts running a 102 whip.

2nd
if you know anything about forward and backward and side to side movement the TinkerTroy antennas with the rivets holding the shaft together wont last to long

3rd
when the man himself tells you hes gonna be at a break in longview and will help you with your antenna (stargun) setup and you drive over 5 hours to get there and the guy dont even want to lift and finger or even want to acknowledge you then you can leave his antennas hanging in the trees on the west side of the motel

4th
everytime i have called Kale to ask him something hes right to the point and dont try an give some crap load antenna theory gain on a mobile beam antenna
if its vertical polarized then its a vertical antenna .

5th
i have heard people in dx land talk on their tinkertroy antennas and then i step on them

6th
if you want any tinkertroy parts might try the west parking lot of the raddison hotel

7th
i will say this for stargun though:
if it just has the shaft and coil and stinger on top of coil then its going to be alright
although the riviets at the base and below the coil
as for the beam stuff the 9-1 and 76-1 and the entire kit to change out pieces adn parts and make it look different
the beam section stuff is C-R-A-P

this is one of my soapbox topics

as for power i know of so far and im sure theres more
15KW A/C Bird Watts Mobile coming out around Dalllas Texas.

Jesse James might know of who i speak of

Last edited:
What I can say about 10K's....

Very light. Surprisingly light. Good for mirror mounts on big trucks.

Made of threaded components, not welded. Makes it simple to replace a damaged part or to try a different configuration.

The best part....

Customer service. I've talked Kale a few times, he's sent me free parts when I tried to pay.

I will continue to run one on a big truck, kinda hard to run a 102.

Just leave sawblades out of it.

Now you tell me after I just bought a fresh 3 pack.lol, and you can get parts all over the place for them.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.