• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11.3258 MHZ Crystal - any one stock this?

kb6led

Apr 11, 2009
Any one know who might still stock this crystal? I am repairing a Cobra 2000 radio it appears to have a bad crystal and I am looking for a replacement… thanks

i think you are going to have a hard time finding one, unless you find a parts radio to steal one from.

the 148GTL, 2000GTL, President Madison /Grant (5 pin versions) all use this crystal.

im curious as to why you think the crystal is bad?
what brought you to this conclusion?

the reason i ask is that there are other things that can go wrong that might give the impression of a bad crystal.
LC

The radio had an intermittent problem where the PLL would come unlocked and the frequency counter would read 28.XXXX MHZ and the radio would not tx or rx I found when I used an electronic cold spray on crystal X3 (11.3258) It would start working again and then when I heated the crystal with a hair dryer it would come out of lock again. I got a crystal from the below link and put it in over the weekend and all is good with the radio.

Barkett Electronics Home Page

Last edited:
Reactions: KD8HMO
If any one needs one of these I have some brand new one not old pulls and they ring slightly higher and are easy to trim down to freq with radio's stock trimmers.

a guy in Florida sells them but a little pricey, 1 member here in Australia sells them ever so often. I bought 2 from him a couple months ago.. they were cheaper from him shipped from Australia than the guy in Florida..in fact I have not noticed him posting the past few weeks.here on the site

There's a guy on ebay selling those now for $10 (price rounded off with shipping included). Typing 11.3258 Mhz in ebay's search will bring up his listing.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated