1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This forum does not allow a single user to have more than one username. If anyone wants to change their username contact an admin and it will be done. Multiple accounts belonging to the same member will be deleted without warning.

11 meter is very quiet?

Discussion in 'General CB Services Discussion' started by Tweetybird, Sep 8, 2019.

1. Shadetree Mechanic

Shadetree Mechanic 808 On The North Side of Dover

Excellent afternoon, do you normally QSY from 555? Or do you just check the zeros?

Rwb and 2NC995 like this.

2. 2NC995

2NC995 DAN

Yes, usually a QSY from t5. I generally call and ask for QSY before I get a response, or am following someone else’s.

Rwb and Shadetree Mechanic like this.
  3. Shadetree Mechanic

Ok so the procedure to QSY is to go straight to the QSY frequency as soon as you request and unkey?

Rwb and 2NC995 like this.
  4. 2NC995

2NC995 DAN

Pretty much. Most operators will call CQ DX, please QSY.... without making a contact at all.

It helps, however, to listen on t5 for a couple seconds in case some didn’t catch the QSY freq.

Then on the other freq, just repeat the call and listen. I’ve called three times and only on the third have someone hit me back at S9. So I’ll almost always try 3 times before going back to T5 and starting over.

Rwb, RT431 and Shadetree Mechanic like this.
  5. RT431

RT431 In the swamp

The xyl wants to move to the gulf. Galvastin. Which I might consider.

6. ForestRunner98

ForestRunner98 917 SoCal

Ch6 was jumpn’ today with the locals! Lot of people are home here in the L.A. area.

Went to pick up lunch and restaurants are only to go. Closed dining areas. Had Pollo Loco and the salsa’s are already in containers. No hands on.

Eldorado828 and Rwb like this.
  7. Redbeard U812

Redbeard U812 WDX-1030 / U812 South Texas

I'd be packing my own lunch. Much safer. Consider that you are in an area with high "INFECTION ". Condensed population. Might as well be licking public toilet seats.

Eldorado828 and Rwb like this.
  8. ForestRunner98

ForestRunner98 917 SoCal

No...were not there yet and hope we don’t get there. Infection is not high considering we are a county of 10 million. Business are just taking precautions. We don’t want to be lax and it explodes. Besides you cant find chicken anywhere!! LOL People freaked out and cleaned out the markets. There is plenty of food. If people just went to the market as usual it would be fine.

Rwb likes this.
  9. Rwb

Rwb Sr. Member

If ya all hadnt bought toyota corollas we wouldnt have that virus.
    Please cover your mic before you speak cq cq dx
    HahaHAHA
    Lets try n grab a tad o humor

WECSOG, Tokin, Eldorado828 and 2 others like this.
  10. BammBamm

BammBamm Instigators ...173 on the southside.

I'm sorry to post here but...how do you start a new post? I have searched through the site and can't find anything.

Rwb likes this.
  11. Rwb

Rwb Sr. Member

go to forum you want to post in.scrolll to bottom of posts. On right side should say start new post.click it write title then subject then look it over then hit post or post to forums,cant remember which it says.least thats how it is on my computer for here

Eldorado828 likes this.
  12. 2NC995

2NC995 DAN

I swear the band is begging to open to Europe this morning...but not quite.

13. Shadetree Mechanic

I try to check for Europe around 5:30 in the morning before I go to work. No luck so far.

Rwb likes this.
  14. 2NC995

2NC995 DAN

I had 14 Div copy me yesterday afternoon, but no QSO. West Indies and Caribbean were booming in here.

1 Div is hearing low chatter on 27025.

Possible it might open up...

15. Redbeard U812

Redbeard U812 WDX-1030 / U812 South Texas

Could not make any contacts yesterday, Jamaica would not shut up long enough.