1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This forum does not allow a single user to have more than one username. If anyone wants to change their username contact an admin and it will be done. Multiple accounts belonging to the same member will be deleted without warning.

11 meter is very quiet?

Discussion in 'General CB Services Discussion' started by Tweetybird, Sep 8, 2019.

1. Crawdad

Crawdad Down in the mud invasive species

Sadly, it seems so many are just mesmerized by needle swing, audio quality is irrelevant.

S&W357, 144inBama, Rwb and 2 others like this.

2. Rwb

Rwb Sr. Member

and always off frequincy just nuff to sound like schitt. heaven forbid telling them they are off.

3. 144inBama

144inBama Sr. Member

I used to be in that club, not even gonna lie. I still like to see the meter swing, but now I'll sacrifice a lot of swing for a little more clarity.

I've tried that.... I think kicking his grandmother down the stairs while she was holding his 2 week old daughter would have caused less anger.
    It's usually, "you're just jealous" or "Why you gotta be hatin', I know this thang got that swang" and I'm like, "Oh yes sir, you have plenty of power, now if you'll go buy some clean audio to go with it you'll be set".... and that's when I start getting keyed on...LOL

YardDog, Rwb, S&W357 and 3 others like this.
  4. Crawdad

It's so dead here this evening on 38 I might have to switch to AM. On second thought I'll just turn it off.

5. ForestRunner98

ForestRunner98 917 SoCal

It’s popping out here this evening! Supposed to be a solar flare in 24 hours so let’s see how it is tomorrow.

6. ForestRunner98

ForestRunner98 917 SoCal

A short QSO with 555 Underdog in Sacramento and a few cool local guys. We talked about planting Mary-Jane. Legal over here!!

S&W357 and Rwb like this.
  7. Slowmover

Slowmover Elmer

Happy to report no Skip . . the quiet of hissing hash. Or, hashing hiss. Either way The Big Road was normal in leaving Chicagoland and heading west.

But no one explained the CR England semi “parked” in a cornfield (loss of control) at MM 206 on IH80.. Or the giant burn marks where it must’ve made a head-on hit of an eastbound vehicle as it came across the median.

144inBama and Rwb like this.
  8. ForestRunner98

ForestRunner98 917 SoCal

Slo it sounds like most days here! Southwest making a great trip about 1/2 hour ago. Contacts with AZ and NM....no not “that guy” in NM.LOL But he was making the trip here too.

Rwb likes this.
  9. Rwb

Rwb Sr. Member

chicagoland home of gangland

10. YardDog

YardDog Active Member

Last few nights skip was just hit and miss. Maybe fade in for 30 seconds then gone. Motor Mouth Maul was booming in for a couple minutes last night, but that's rare for my part of Arkansas. Tonight nothing but silence. Storms rolled through earlier so even my locals aren't on tonight. Almost makes me miss the insane skip that was rolling a few weeks ago.

Crawdad, Rwb, S&W357 and 2 others like this.
  11. AmericanEagle575

AmericanEagle575 Sr. Member

Yeah up here in Central Pa,there was absolutely nothing coming in via Skip at all tonight,was Bummed out!

Crawdad, Rwb, S&W357 and 1 other person like this.
  12. Slowmover

Slowmover Elmer

Thankfully, no Skip!

Just 11-Meter goodness.

TheRATT, S&W357, Crawdad and 3 others like this.
  13. YardDog

YardDog Active Member

I enjoy that too. I have about a dozen locals I talk with all the time. I also enjoy the skip though. But the skip I like is when you actually talk to someone and not a contact that's measured in seconds. Guess that's why I'm not a fan on contests no matter what band.

Crawdad, Slowmover, Rwb and 1 other person like this.
  14. Slowmover

Slowmover Elmer

Agreed.

Still, I should have been more clear: AM-19 goes to H with extended periods of Skip. With commie assholes ruining the channel truck drivers use.

Sideband IS interesting while Skip occurring.

Two worlds.

15. Crawdad

YardDog and Slowmover, both of you nailed it. Well said.

S&W357, Unit231, YardDog and 3 others like this.