1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This forum does not allow a single user to have more than one username. If anyone wants to change their username contact an admin and it will be done. Multiple accounts belonging to the same member will be deleted without warning.

11 meter is very quiet?

Discussion in 'General CB Services Discussion' started by Tweetybird, Sep 8, 2019.

1. RT431

RT431 In the swamp

Took the wife to dance class this morning, turned the radio on in the truck, nothing. Thought there was a problem but all checked out fine. It's stupid quiet.

2. Shadetree Mechanic

Shadetree Mechanic 808 On The North Side of Dover

Radio quiet here, almost too quiet. My s5 background noise is an s1 this morning. I had to make sure my antenna didn't fall over. And still, nobody talking.

3. Justme

Justme Sr. Member

Not much conditions at the moment, just some sporadic E now and then, good season e had for that here in Europe, but that comes to an end as well.
    Needs more sunspots....

4. ForestRunner98

ForestRunner98 917 SoCal

No conditions at all!! Just local chit chat was cool though.

5. Slowmover

Slowmover Elmer

AM-19, boys

“Auuudioo, check check”

(See who Ya wake up).

Jes tell’em it’s been a hard drive all the way from Lordsburg in the short bus.

cralt, YardDog, Eldorado828 and 3 others like this.
  6. YardDog

YardDog Active Member

Skip is rolling into Arkansas from all four directions right now. Kinda crazy on some channels, but good to hear people again.

7. Slowmover

Slowmover Elmer

Thanks. That it is. Am near MO/AR/TN corner.

YardDog and ForestRunner98 like this.
  8. Eldorado828

Eldorado828 8-2-8 in the Lonestar State

Surprisingly en route up across the Texas and Oklahoma panhandle into KS AM 19 came to life with skip conditions like we haven't had in weeks. Lasted a couple of hours and then back to quiet with only talk from an occasional Kansas bull hauler or grain truck driver.

Was thinking if it stayed alive the station would be back on the air when back to the hacienda but..... only static..... d62e99f0-e0ce-4848-a3df-d48289cc2e74_1934590006186594.gif

9. AmericanEagle575

AmericanEagle575 Sr. Member

A little bit of Skip tonight up here in Central Pennsylvania, heard some Jamaica this afternoon and made contact with Someone in Virginia by the call sign of #209 I believe!

10. YardDog

YardDog Active Member

If you ever get near the northwest corner of Arkansas hop on channel 30, 24, or 15. My locals run those channels most evenings starting around 6pm. On air my handle is 128, Sandman. Most of us are located from Russellville to Fort Smith and Waldron to Mountainburg. Be cool to talk with a member passing through.

Shadetree Mechanic and Slowmover like this.
  11. Eldorado828

Eldorado828 8-2-8 in the Lonestar State

Anybody hearing anything!! It's crazy dead on the band here lately, absolutely nothing at all. It's like being in isolation with a radio but no antenna.

828 in the Lonestar state standing by........ for how long...

Shadetree Mechanic likes this.
  12. ForestRunner98

ForestRunner98 917 SoCal

It’s been just local stuff and that’s also if they are running power. Like the atmosphere is absorbing all the radio waves!!

13. jdchet

jdchet Supporting Member

Well.....I installed my radio and antenna in the newer truck, came back to work and the band died! I'm sorry......

JD hanging his head in shame.

14. AudioShockwav

AudioShockwav Extraterrestrial Admin
    Staff Member

Give it time, things will settle. Friday nite about 7:30 our time I talked to Hawaii on both channels 6 and 38 lsb before checking into the Ditch bank SSB net.
    There have been brief openings here and there but no solid band conditions .

Jeff

15. S&W357

S&W357 $upporting Member N.C. WDX-556

Same here much of nothing