• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

142 gtl stricks again new problems

gogo_gadgit

Oct 31, 2009
okay afew months ago, I was trying to fix this radio for not switchen to transmitt. I bought the new voltage regulator chip and put it in the radio, and it didn't fix anything so i put it on the shelf for a while. tonight i dug it out, and it switched to transmitt and everything looked fine. I hooked it up to the freq meter and it was transmitting on the right freqs for the channel.

heres the new problem, for some reason its pusshing out 19 watts am, which makes no sense cause before it broke it was a solid 6 watts and i didn't adjust anything for the power. The second is, i have a mystery black wire near the voltage regulator, 1 end goes to the board, and the other isn't soildered anywhere, I'm guess in goes to the chip i replace. There are 2 wires near the chip, the one I'm wondering about the shorter of the two.

the chip is a mb3756

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.