• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

2 month drout is over....

WX2MIG

Still Alive & Well
Dec 10, 2008
39° 19' 23" N X 74° 36' 30" W
My last Dx contact was on June 2nd on 20 meters to South Germany, haven't hit a decent band opening since....

Finally today 20 meters showed a couple windows of opportunity, while twisting the big knob I heard a station from Italy calling CQ Dx North America, I responded and made contact with Roberto I2ROO in Northern Italy.
Later on in the evening I listened to a Station in Wales made some state side contacts, but I didn't attempt a contact since he was already working a pile-up, and with my Kenwood only putting out about half power through my near earth dipole I wasn't going to break through.

Anyway, it was a nice relief knowing my old make-shift rig can still bag a Dx contact once in a while....;)

Should'a tried! You might be surprised at what your 'good for nothing' antenna and half power radio can do. ;)
- 'Doc

Absolutely! Don't despair.

No despair here fella's....

Sometimes I enjoy just sitting back and listening to who and where the Dx station is hitting, besides the Cumberland County Skywarn net was about to begin, and I was prepared to check in with them and give a local conditions report.

Come late fall / early winter after all the leaves have fallen, and I can see what branches I can access, I hope to move my 20 meter dipole, and elevate it several feet.

Because of a serious lack of property space I eventually want to get a good quality vertical with a counter poise kit, I've got just the place to erect it at the back of my garage where it won't get swatted by my neighbor's trees, and one of these days I either have to send this TS-130S out for a tune-up, or replace it with a new IC-718....(I really like the IC-718, plain, basic, inexpensive, and easy to operate)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?