• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

25 LTD Classic Tuning

jammeejoe

Aug 8, 2005
East Texas
I have a 25 LTD classic that I am trying to tune. The tuning proceedure say tune L8, L9 and L 10. I don't see any of those numbers in the radio. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

With the radio facing you speaker side up and the lid off those parts are located at the left rear section of the radio usually in front of the final.

Note: If you don't have the correct equipment and have no clue how to "tune" a radio I would have a qualified tech do the work. You can really screw up a radio if you just start tweeking things with a screwdriver.

They had 4 models of the cobra 25s the GTL/LTD/LTD CLASSIC/PLUS the power pots on the LTD model are L13, L10, L9, L8 ..the modulation is VR-5 (no clip needed)

Does anyone know where I can find a block diagram for the 25 LTD Classic. The one I have does not have anything close to L8, L9, L10 or L 13. Everything I have read says the same thing that you folks say, but those numbers are not close to anything in this radio. I just got it off E-Bay and it is supposed to be new but only keys "1" watt and swings about 1/2 watt. I opened the AMC pot but didn't help a thing. The diode had not been cut. The Radio looks new. I thought maybe a tuning might help. Thanks in advance.

there pretty cut and dry radios there JJ ....what your saying sounds strange because they are all very close to one another over the last 3 decades almost. can you take a picture of the part side of the board ? I'd like to see this one. 1 watt swinging half a watt ...HMMM ? and you say it looks fairly new ...well that dont always mean to much ,especially if some bozo decided to play tech on the radio and turned every damned pot in the poor little radio ? ebay can sometimes be like a box chocolates , you never know what your going to get )-: It could be a number things there JJ ? like butcher said ,if it means that much to you ? you might want to have a certified radio tech take a look at it for you , You should be able to find a schem for the radio at cbtricks.com ....the only time I ever had a 25 that gave only 1 watt with very little swing it turned out to be the final was shot , just changed that and the driver it she was back to new ....those radios are tanks and made very well for AM only radios .does the radio receive ? other then all of that JJ .....there's really not that much more that one can go on in this kind of situation. good luck to you.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated