• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

2950 dead

bettyeboop

Sep 12, 2007
deep south
I bought a nice looking radio at the hamfest in Jackson ms. sat.

The problem is the radio is dead..there is some sound on fm. and the panel light is on. frequency selection works but is not working on 11 meters. there are three jumpers behind front panel and I have tried most every combination. I do not see a cpu reset. Radio will not key up. frequenies change and all panel buttons work as far as I can tell. No audio...

The org. owner said he changed jumper to take away 11 meters for the hamfest. The radio is very clean ...........just does not work. Tomorrow I will edit post with board number.

thanks again for your help

davis

ok guys.....the board number is ept 295013z. I need the proper location for the three sets of jumpers behind front panel. one place said to look from the back and take the jumper off the left set......is that right for this radio? Perhaps it is so quite because the ant. is for 11 meters and the radio is not set up for that. Like I said fm seems to be recieving or at least making noise. I do not have another mike but I may wire one up....radio will not key up...transmit.

My wife never gives me @#$%^& but she did on this one....lol. I cant tell her it is doa.
davis

put the jumper on the first 2 pins and press the lock
key, does it say CH 1 ?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated