• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

4cx600j or jb

Good evening to the forum, does anybody use these tubes(4cx600j or jb)? How does it perform and what is the gain of this tube?

SHOEMAKER.

The gain of the tube seems to be about 18 Db.

The grid dissapation of the tube is only 1 watt which means, it has to be run class AB (with no grid current flowing).

If there is an amp that uses them, I would expect "Legal Limit" out of one tube if, the amplifier is set up properly. This would be a delicate tube (RF wise) and, the in-experienced builder would be advised to pick a different tube to HB with.

Good evening paws , and thank you for the information. The prices on those tubes are between 1400 dollars and 2200 dollars. Must be some great tubes for that price .lol lo. Thanks again sir and have a great day.

The 4CX600 is ULTRA LINEAR. As Paws stated, it's designed for AB1. It's akin to the 4CX1000 type tubes.

For the price, I'd purchase 4-5 YC-156s, run them class A, and still have twice the output, more linearity, and be able to go to 10 KW +.

And when a tube DOES go out, it only costs ya 4-600 bucks.

--Toll_Free

Hello Toll Free, I agree with everything you said. The tubes were given to me, I have about 5 of them so I am going to build a 2 tuber and see how it performs. AB1 of course lol lol.
Take care bro and we will see how the project gos.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.