• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

A 2m/70cm vertical dipole DIY . . .

Robb

Yup
Dec 18, 2008
Silicon Valley CA, Storm Lake IA
2m-70cm_vertical_dipole_antenna.jpg

This must be one of the simplest yet most effective DIY 2m/70cm antennas yet.
You can build this with stuff you have laying around.
Local friend was looking to build his own antenna for cheap, so I turned him on to this:

http://amateurradio.bz/2m-70cm_vertical_dipole_antenna.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RcO5WAiksNI

Last edited:

fortyfiver

Jul 6, 2011
great dipole

THAT is a great looking dipole! I love building and using simple antennas and I'll be starting this one tomorrow!

"It is hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."

Dr. Thomas Sowell

Robb

Yup
Dec 18, 2008
Silicon Valley CA, Storm Lake IA
A local friend that I told about this antenna project built it today. Took him 45 minutes and cost him $12. Instead of using stainless steel for the elements, he used brass. He also tightened up the gap between the 2m/70cm sections seen in these pictures; the pics were taken before he corrected them.

Nice job, Wayne!

Here are the pics:

Attachments

• wayne 1.JPG
    wayne 1.JPG
    261.4 KB · Views: 11,861
  • wayne 2.JPG
    wayne 2.JPG
    280.8 KB · Views: 1,663
Last edited:

Beetle

Dec 7, 2005
Western Washington
A local friend that I told about this antenna project built it today. Took him 45 minutes and cost him $12. Instead of using stainless steel for the elements, he used brass. He also tightened up the gap between the 2m/70cm sections seen in these pictures; the pics were taken before he corrected them.

Nice job, Wayne!

Here are the pics:

That coax has a serious discontinuity. I'd be sure to check it out before I tried transmitting with it...:whistle:

Reactions: 1 person

FatHam

Staff member
Apr 15, 2011
So Cal
7094d1335145949-2m-70cm-vertical-dipole-diy-wayne-2.jpg

Pretty cool. Just trying to get an idea of the size. For scale purposes, is it sitting on a woman's chest?
:D

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I hope he did not ask that question on the "ZED" he would get vaporized...75% telling in some "polite way" are you going to put up a "REAL" antenna? The rest telling him that's the greatest antenna ever with my 7300o_O:coffee:
  • @ Roadstar:
    still the dx wa 135 antenna
  • @ cbjunkie:
    test
  • @ cbjunkie:
    the guy qrming 27385l is on 27383 is Matt K2YCK in New York for info very bad operator causing intententional
  • @ cbjunkie:
    bleedover to 27385lsb