• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Alpha 10 Mini Overview

When are these companies going to catch up to the Ham world and have remote head radios.?
Even the smallest radios are a pain in the butt to mount in modern vehicles.

When are these companies going to catch up to the Ham world and have remote head radios.?
Even the smallest radios are a pain in the butt to mount in modern vehicles.

In europe you can buy the Albrecht AE6890
ae6890_exdisp_mittel_details.jpg

www.cbradio.nl: Albrecht AE6690

TTI has announced there fist model for the European marked with remote display TTI TCB-R2000
TTI_TCB_R2000.jpg

www.cbradio.nl: TTI TCB R2000 CB-RADIO

Procom who makes the albrecht has 3 models with remote displays (2 models not available yet and waiting for an brand to pick them up (magnum? alpha?)
Procom%20Pro-900.jpg

Procom PRO-900
www.cbradio.nl: Procom PRO-900
Procom_PRO901_Side.jpg

frames_procom_pro901.htm

Procom PRO-901
www.cbradio.nl: Procom PRO-901 Multi-Norm CB & Export Radio
frames_procom_pro907.htm

Procom PRO-907 (wide-turbo)
www.cbradio.nl: Procom PRO-907 Multi-Norm CB & Export Radio

i doubt we,ll see anything like that here
cause everything ive seen for the most part
is geared for the trucker. most of them dont want/use
a radio with no echeo, talkback ,and have ssb and detachable face.
i might be interesting. though i like to see more companies stick with
a standard 4 pin mic jack. some hf sets use something like a phone
jack looking thing .weird. jmo here

i doubt we,ll see anything like that here
cause everything ive seen for the most part
is geared for the trucker. most of them dont want/use
a radio with no echeo, talkback ,and have ssb and detachable face.
i might be interesting. though i like to see more companies stick with
a standard 4 pin mic jack. some hf sets use something like a phone
jack looking thing .weird. jmo here

This Trucker uses a RCI-2950-2nd gen. And it does not have echo but the quality and performance suits me just fine. Although when stopped on an on ramp talking ssb it will piss some truckers off because of the bleed over from ssb. And for that i do apologize.
73's and enjoy the New Year.

nothing wrong with that. the 2950 is a very good ssb radio
without all the toys.and actually has a few usable features
i was just saying majority ive seen had cobra 29.66,68,77,78,25
and for export ive only seen 3300 and general lees for the most part
a few strykers and magnums but not many,and they were only am/fm

Omegaforce killer?

I have been holding out for the new Omegaforce, but this radio looks very nice. Another thread in this forum states fairly strongly that the new Omegaforces with the RFX75 unit only put out 40ish watts. That would then put the Omega in the same league as this unit.

This is very tempting, given the features and looks of this Alpha.

nothing wrong with that. the 2950 is a very good ssb radio
without all the toys.and actually has a few usable features
i was just saying majority ive seen had cobra 29.66,68,77,78,25
and for export ive only seen 3300 and general lees for the most part
a few strykers and magnums but not many,and they were only am/fm

I understand my friend and you are right. I do hear a lot of over modulated/too much echo from a lot of truckers. I guess some of them thinks that if their radio is loud they can really get out there. Hmmm I do just as good with out the over mod radio and get great receive. A lot of it depends on the antenna. I have also seen some drivers buy an expensive 10 meter radio and they get frustrated, because they don't understand how to operate it. So once in awhile you will hear on Ch.19 a driver selling a great 10 meter radio at a heck of a price. If you want to do some bargain shopping for a good used 10 meter radio, Listen to CH.19 around a truck stop.

I have been holding out for the new Omegaforce, but this radio looks very nice. Another thread in this forum states fairly strongly that the new Omegaforces with the RFX75 unit only put out 40ish watts. That would then put the Omega in the same league as this unit.

This is very tempting, given the features and looks of this Alpha.

The radio in this video is a AM/FM radio - not a SSB radio like the Omegaforce.

The new Omegaforce HP versions with RFX 75 will do more than 40ish watts and after testing the Alpha 10 Max (which is the new SSB radio) I would take an Omegaforce any day for watts and audio over the new radio.

The radio in this video is a AM/FM radio - not a SSB radio like the Omegaforce.

The new Omegaforce HP versions with RFX 75 will do more than 40ish watts and after testing the Alpha 10 Max (which is the new SSB radio) I would take an Omegaforce any day for watts and audio over the new radio.

Sorry, I was referring to the Max model - someone cross posted the link to that and the thread moved in that direction. Anyway, if you read some of the latest postings in the RF Limited News... thread in this forum, it appears that the QC and the customer service from Magnum is questionable. Then again, I guess we can expect a certain number of all of these radios to be lemons, and since they're quasi-gray market items, the customer service is probably always dubious.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated