1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This forum does not allow a single user to have more than one username. If anyone wants to change their username contact an admin and it will be done. Multiple accounts belonging to the same member will be deleted without warning.

Ammo Availability In Your Area ?

Discussion in 'Prepper Forum' started by 357magnum, Apr 26, 2021.

1. 357magnum

357magnum Sr. Member

Just thought I'd ask . How's the Ammo Inventory around your area ? o_O To be honest I didn't realize you can't buy a lot of calibers here in RI ! Stores/Gun Shops sold out ! I reload my own so I was ignorant to the fact ( which is not hard for me anyway :D ) I'm not sure of all calibers , but 38's for sure ! Let's put it this way , I been re-connecting with a lot of old friends lately , Phone calls & Pm's " Hey Leo got any 38's you can spare ? " I just had another one yesterday ! :ROFLMAO: But it's time to put the lock on the ammo locker ! After checking a few of my sites I buy from the Projectiles I use say " On Back Order , No Delivery Date " . :whistle: I can make my own for some but we all know that Melting & Molding Lead can be a PIA ! Just thought I'd ask . Stay Healthy & Safe ! 73 & God Bless ! Leo

2. Slowmover

Slowmover Elmer

The (not) funny story I hear are the regulars lined up before dawn at the big box sporting good stores certain days of the week.

And those who pay them to be there.

357magnum likes this.
  3. Mark Malcomb

Mark Malcomb Well-Known Member

On a fluke I bought 10 thousand large rifle and small rifle primers a while ago before it got crazy. I fell like Nostradamus now. Glad I have 40 pounds of powder. Man when will this shit quit guys!

4. Christopher17

Christopher17 LongStride

Worse that the last ammo scare, same scenario the small gun shop folks are lined up at academy before they open to buy out stock for resale , very little common ammo , no .22,no .45, no 9mm , plenty .223 as always, no 30/06 or 308

357magnum, Slowmover and Mark Malcomb like this.
  5. Mark Malcomb

I'll never pay a buck a round for 556 again. I just make them. I swore I would never waste my time to load this round. I lived and learned. Now with Berger tips, wow cant believe the accuracy!

6. S&W357

S&W357 $upporting Member N.C. WDX-556

You gotta know when to hold'em...know when to roll'em :barefoot:

upload_2021-4-26_10-44-26.jpeg

7. Slowmover

Slowmover Elmer

7.62x51 Lake City M80
    $400 = 1,000-rounds in 2014.
    $1,200 per 1,000 this past year.
    Sometimes higher or a little lower. Not much.

IOW, “wow, only $1 per round!”.

Good luck
    finding M118LR in bulk.

secret squirrel, S&W357 and 357magnum like this.
  8. TM86

TM86 Sr. Member

We have an ammunition factory in town and the local gun store can't seem to keep any on the shelf for a whole day. This is with restrictions on how many boxes you can buy in a single transaction.

80 miles away in the "big" town it's worse. I've got people from there asking me to buy stuff here, especially 9mm, because they can't find any anywhere near them.

9. 357magnum

357magnum Sr. Member

I heard it was bad all over , thought I'd do a check ! :whistle: Np's loading all my Brass , but I never had a shot shell reloader . My wife took care of that . She bought me a Mec Progressive Loader . It sure looks nice mounted on my bench , that's about it ! Powder .. Check , Wads ... Empty Cases Check but only lead I can find is some 7 & I think it was 9 shot . I don 't want to shoot clays ! :LOL: I might reload some Crossman BB's but I read they might tear the barrel up ? Anyone ever load any ? I don't want to try making shot .

secret squirrel and S&W357 like this.
  10. DXman

DXman Yes, that's 3100 degrees F. Nine yrs of hard work.

BB's watch out! Steel inside that copper covering.

I once tried loading steel ball bearing for 12 ga. Ithaca - found out that was not a good thing, end of barrel looked like a "peeled banana"...........................Ya those were the good old days back in the 60's

You could load the BB's just like you would for steel shot, just make sure your barrel will work with "Steel" and use modified choke.

My Rem 870 WingMaster which is 39 yrs old now, has shot a couple 100 rds of steel with no problems, using a modified or larger choke also. The Beretta 303 is also ok for steel.

#10 DXman, Apr 26, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2021
  11. Shockwave

Shockwave Sr. Member

One comedian once joked about how effective gun control could be if they charged $100 a bullet. One step up from that, is to just make sure there are none on the shelf to buy, regardless of cost.

357magnum, secret squirrel and S&W357 like this.
  12. WECSOG

WECSOG Sr. Member

Sounds like you're running low on powder and primers!

13. WECSOG

WECSOG Sr. Member

"Q" makes tips. Berger makes bullets.

14. WECSOG

WECSOG Sr. Member

Rotometals has 6s in stock; $180 for 50 lbs. including shipping. That's expensive, but it's enough for 800, 1 oz loads.

357magnum and S&W357 like this.
  15. Mark Malcomb

I use match grade Berger tips for my .308 and my .226. Very pricey however my god what a difference. I'm at work now however I can post the Tip numbers I use. I'm sure they are crazy expensive now, or hard to get. I have a bunch

357magnum, DXman and S&W357 like this.