• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anybody Every Used A Immortal

it has two big coils and a big tophat .
its definately made to suck money out of CB'rs wallets .

I don't think it looks very practical to drive around with. Especially in windy areas. Going down the freeway @ 65mph with a 20mph crosswind might just scatter it. Looks like it would be better as a base station antenna rather than a mobile antenna...:confused:

Attachments

• 100_1608-169x288.jpg
    100_1608-169x288.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 221
Critique on Immortal

Antenna ingenuity, no doubt. It is a double loaded design with capacitance top hat for additional physical height reduction. The sheer thickness of top hat and top mast components ensure good signal handling from surface area which thin antennas cannot match. The top coil top loading design makes this relatively short antenna behave more efficiently than center and base loaded designs. What is perhaps less optimal is the fact that the capacitance hat is so close to the top coil that it will ultimately couple with the action of the coil. Tuning the length of the top mast will yield good resonance with coil losses somewhere in between top and center loaded antenna design. Will it beat a 9 foot steel whip? My guess is that it will match the thin 9 foot whip in performance due in large part to its larger surface area. Its one thick antenna. Additionally I believe it will handle more power than the 9 foot stainless whip due to the same observed thickness of the antenna. It's a winner in my book if you need something under 5 foot tall and have a sturdy enough mounting for it. I use guy lines on my MM-7 Monkey Made with capacitance top hat. My hat is decoupled from the coil because its 19 inches above the coil. Where my MM loses is that it does not have the surface area of the Immortal up top, but my antenna is close to 6 feet tall. JM2C

My own antenna incorporating efficient loading.

Measures only 50 inches tuned on my vehicle. Does very good compared with my Francis CB50, no noticeable difference on the local scene. Same tx rx capability reports compared with my whips. Like the 55 Immortal but a little longer, smaller cap hat and without coil on top. Stinger and hat is heavy duty straight 3/16" steel and flexes a bit just in case it contacts something. With it I can drive around without fear of tearing my roof off or dodging trees while confronting oncoming traffic, heh.

Attachments

• DSC01832.JPG
    DSC01832.JPG
    15 KB · Views: 73
Antenna ingenuity, no doubt. It is a double loaded design with capacitance top hat for additional physical height reduction. The sheer thickness of top hat and top mast components ensure good signal handling from surface area which thin antennas cannot match. The top coil top loading design makes this relatively short antenna behave more efficiently than center and base loaded designs. What is perhaps less optimal is the fact that the capacitance hat is so close to the top coil that it will ultimately couple with the action of the coil. Tuning the length of the top mast will yield good resonance with coil losses somewhere in between top and center loaded antenna design. Will it beat a 9 foot steel whip? My guess is that it will match the thin 9 foot whip in performance due in large part to its larger surface area. Its one thick antenna. Additionally I believe it will handle more power than the 9 foot stainless whip due to the same observed thickness of the antenna. It's a winner in my book if you need something under 5 foot tall and have a sturdy enough mounting for it. I use guy lines on my MM-7 Monkey Made with capacitance top hat. My hat is decoupled from the coil because its 19 inches above the coil. Where my MM loses is that it does not have the surface area of the Immortal up top, but my antenna is close to 6 feet tall. JM2C

it's my understanding that larger diameter elements are typically physically stronger and can handle more power , but they don't radiate more RF . i do believe the capture area or length of an antenna can help it perform better , exp. sloping the ground elements on a 5/8 rather than having then horizontal . but thats different from surface area .

it's my understanding that larger diameter elements are typically physically stronger and can handle more power , but they don't radiate more RF . i do believe the capture area or length of an antenna can help it perform better , exp. sloping the ground elements on a 5/8 rather than having then horizontal . but thats different from surface area .

If they can handle more power they therefore radiate more rf, simple physics.

pardon me . i guess i should have said it my understanding that larger diameter elements dont radiate more RF for the same given power input .

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated