1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This forum does not allow a single user to have more than one username. If anyone wants to change their username contact an admin and it will be done. Multiple accounts belonging to the same member will be deleted without warning.

Mobile Anyone else's wife disapprove of your antenna choice

Discussion in 'CB Antennas' started by G GOLLY WAlly, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Redbeard U812

Redbeard U812 WDX-1030 / U812 South Texas

I learnt it sit'n on Wally the Wino's front porch, Abita Springs, LA.....looking at Abita Springs Brewery. :whistle::whistle:

Slowmover likes this.

2. Slowmover

Slowmover Elmer

It’s funny how even oilfield workers not born Cajun come to regard a scenic vista as that where one of the (98!) petroleum-chemical plants of the Gulf Coast is always within view. Home.

Rwb likes this.
  3. Rwb

Rwb Sr. Member

dont forget the smells

357magnum likes this.
  4. Slowmover

Slowmover Elmer

Heaven doesn’t “smell”.

It wafts odoriferous

Rwb likes this.
  5. Rwb

Rwb Sr. Member

heaven might not smell but those costal plants sure do,i been to many in louisania and tejas

6. Slowmover

Slowmover Elmer

The smell of someone else’s money.

Oil/Gas is one thing, but paper mills got’em beat by a mile.

Far from home, we light our C#%t Candle to remind ourselves of being hearthside in BarcaLounger, TV remote in hand, and a sammich on its way from the kitchen.

Cheap beer and a carbon black plant across the road is like we’re still rolling that fire engine round & round on Momma’s kitchen floor.

It always comes back to Mother Earth, don’t it?

Shadetree Mechanic, S&W357 and Rwb like this.
  7. Handy Andy

Handy Andy Do Your Research First, Then Decide...

You guys ever been to Gary Indiana?

Directions:
    From New York - Head West until you smell it...
    From New Orleans - Head North until you smell it...
    From Portand - Don't bother...

...How did EAST get in there LOL!!!
    Google Autokurrekt...

#67 Handy Andy, Mar 9, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2020
    Rwb, Slowmover and 357magnum like this.
  8. Rwb

Rwb Sr. Member

been to gary many stinkin times, then go smell a gut rendering plant ewww smell of rotting meat cooked into dog food,1 trip was 2 in1 firstn last

357magnum, Slowmover and Handy Andy like this.
  9. Redbeard U812

Redbeard U812 WDX-1030 / U812 South Texas

Yes.....got the Formosa Flare lighting up the night sky to the north. Dow to the south spewing noxious fumes. Ineos and Invista to the SW making deadly chemicals which if exposed the chemicals will kill you....even worse, if the chemicals don't kill you, the cure damned sure will. This is my line of work, 30 years worth. You realize that one is disposable but requesit. That puddle on the ground ain't rain water, it's mystery moisture.

I often tell folks that I don't do this for the money, but for the abuse and opportunity to feed my tumor.

10. Rwb

Rwb Sr. Member

i hauled lots of chems from those plants. Suprized my water disposal tube hasnt rotted off

357magnum likes this.
  11. 357magnum

357magnum Sr. Member

Not big on Chemicals , I'm Hazmat trained because of work I did years back @ a " Super Fund " site here in Ri . I did a lot of work @ " Piccilo's Pig Farm " I need to find the link , place blew up her one night in RI , big fire , drums of who knows what buried there ! They change the water filters in the plant daily , H2O comes in Black , comes out clean . Engineer told me that H2O is so clean you can drink it ...... No Thanks ! Also paved this whole place around the test wells & made more $ , picture a Walmart Super Center , area we paved was bigger than that ! What a PIA w/ the machine & trucks , you can't even " Nick " a test well ! Glad I'm out of that Business because it's getting to the time it needs Repaving .:whistle::LOL:

Rwb and Slowmover like this.
  12. 357magnum

357magnum Sr. Member

Rwb likes this.
  13. BammBamm

BammBamm Instigators ...173 on the southside.

I travel to Gary quite often as my tech is there. As for can't and won't my cars roof access is a nightmare! I have tried to remove the roof panel and found that it is GLUED to the metal of the roof! And as a real added kicker all wiring for dome lights, Sirius antenna, radio antenna, third brake light, rear window wiper and defroster along with rear hatch electronic release are all sandwiched and glued in between the panel and roof also! I will never own another Mitsubishi in my life! I did ask a body shop what the charge would be to install a roof mount and was quoted 3 hours labor at $85 per hour! Thus is why I'm using a magnetic mount until next spring when I'm trading it in for something else.

14. unit_399

unit_399 EL CAPO

ANYONE ELSE'S WIFE DISAPPROVE OF YOUR ANTENNA CHOICE ??

I personally don't give a rat's ass what someone else's wife thinks about anything. My wife tells everyone that my antennas are part of the wireless security camera system on our farm, and people here believe it. Besides, when you live on a farm in the middle of nowhere, who's to complain??

15. Slowmover

Slowmover Elmer

Durn tootin’. Priorities kept straight.

A grey Hemi Charger will do the trick. I see plenty of them on the road.

An antenna farm on that car isn’t noticed.