1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This forum does not allow a single user to have more than one username. If anyone wants to change their username contact an admin and it will be done. Multiple accounts belonging to the same member will be deleted without warning.

Mobile Anyone else's wife disapprove of your antenna choice

Discussion in 'CB Antennas' started by G GOLLY WAlly, Feb 22, 2020.

1. TheRATT

TheRATT KJ7GKX

I'm breaking my girlfriend in gently, just showed her a my 75 amp power supply .. hopefully by next weekend I'll have a radio up in the new place... heh heh

2. 357magnum

357magnum Sr. Member

Just thinking of my Ham buddy that decided to get back into 11m ( His friends are here :whistle: ) he put a Fat Boy antenna ( or clone ) mounted to the side of his truck on a Ball Mount . Not sure if that cage around is a small fire pit or part of baby gate ! :LOL: It's ugly but that " Ugly " thing sure does work .

Slowmover and G GOLLY WAlly like this.
  3. undertaker

undertaker Undertaker

Told my wife I was going to drill a hole in here explorer !!!!!!!!! You know the rest!!!:D:D:D:D

357magnum, TheRATT, Slowmover and 3 others like this.
  4. BammBamm

BammBamm Instigators ...173 on the southside.

Well I took the advice of others here and ordered my new antenna from DNJ. Decided on the Sirio performer 5000 with the 145 magnet mount. I'm impatient and paid the extra for shipping and will have it monday. I'll let you know my thoughts later.

5. TheRATT

TheRATT KJ7GKX

Just got back from a roadtrip from Seattle to Coeur d'Alene and found some sidebanders who were very impressed with a 6666 + Sirio 5000 magmount. Great/quiet receive and was working 35 miles away while driving 60MPH!

You're going to be pleased with that Sirio.

6. 357magnum

357magnum Sr. Member

Same here Bobby ! Explorer now sits w/ no reverse , but I never drilled a hole in the :censored: thing ! Maybe I should have , it might still back up ! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

G GOLLY WAlly and binrat like this.
  7. BammBamm

I'm still waiting and expected delivery is now tomorrow..I'm not sure what happened but it is what it is and no blame to DNJ.

357magnum likes this.
  8. 357magnum

357magnum Sr. Member

Bamm , just the BS going on w/ the virus I guess , bought my Sirio 27-4 thru Walmart , free shipping but it came from DNJ & fast too . :) 73 , Leo

G GOLLY WAlly likes this.
  9. BammBamm

Is it worth it to change the coax to RG8X? I will never run more than 300 watts through this.

G GOLLY WAlly and 357magnum like this.