• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anyone using GMRS

Ed,

I have applied here waiting on my call sign also looking for equipment. What kinda rigs are you running?

I have a pair of the little junkie HH's ffrom Walmart, and a Relm WHS450b programed with GMRS and 1 Amatuer frequency.
Always looking for more.
Ed

The problem seems to be alot of unlicensed users. Hopefully in the future that will be a less of a problem.

Yeah, FRS shares some GMRS freqs. Around here it's kids playing with the radio on the FRS. I bought some FRS handhelds for my daughter and son in-law for use while camping and they said even in the woods there's kids playing radio. But that's legal on FRS, so....

I'm unlicensed but the only time i use it is when i am Car to car with my wife or when my son is out playing. Kenwood TK-840's in the car's and in the house. 888's for my son.
I have GMRS/FRS in my scannner and i all most never here any one on it. i did hear some people "kids" i think playing on them 3 days ago but other than that it's quiet. i live in the city. so i would never think its being used that much.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated