1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This forum does not allow a single user to have more than one username. If anyone wants to change their username contact an admin and it will be done. Multiple accounts belonging to the same member will be deleted without warning.
  1. davew41

davew41 Active Member

my 8 digit frequency counter and i also own 11 other radios and another 6666
    this 6666 is low on lsb and i can not find a service manual for it
    my other 6666 is dead on as are my other radios

2. davew41

davew41 Active Member

Since you have no answer i will just set in the menu FIN to R and T and tune to a known station.
    thanks for no real answers as I was looking for..
    just not much out there for documentation on the 6666 and very select few have the service manual and they won't tell anyone

3. w9cll

w9cll W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member

You didn't answer my question; is it off freq based on the display or is the display showing the correct freq but you need to tune 1k lower to lock in?

4. w9cll

BTW you really need to mellow out a bit. The rig has a VFO so YES just tune to the station you are talking to. This is how REAL radios work.

357magnum likes this.
  5. davew41

davew41 Active Member

my counter is showing it low on lsb on every channel usb is fine
    my 8 digit counter
    my other 6666 reads as it should hence i just need to adjust the lsb pot if there is one.
    But i have no schematic or service manual
    hence why i asked if anyone knew the LSB tuning p o t or VR for the 6666

Sure i can set the clarifier to RT and spin it and get it on that way but id rather keep the radio to R on clarifier and set it properly on transmit.

6. davew41

davew41 Active Member

So the answer is no you do not I will unwatch this thread

7. davew41

davew41 Active Member

that means nothing the radio should be on on transmit weather i can use a clarifier or not, I do not have to chill out when i can not get an answer to my question..
    weather it has a vfo or not, it still should be transmitting on frequency without having to twist a vfo and yes i also have many HF rigs and they transmit on frequency so don't pull your baby real radio crap,,. you do not know the adjustment to the 6666 why did you even waste time typing (idiot)

8. w9cll

Ha ha ha... so you are one one of those... see ya..

9. Captain Kilowatt

Captain Kilowatt Professional Amateur
    Staff Member

Well yeah actually you do need to chill out a bit. Just because you did not get the answer you were looking for straight off does not give you the right to call people idiots. In fact it shows your true colours and will result in more people refusing to assist you in the future. I mean why would they help an ingrate anyway?

rabbiporkchop, S&W357, RT431 and 3 others like this.
  10. Dr_DX

Dr_DX Well-Known Member

Hopefully this falls into the better late than never category...

Attached Files:

#115 Dr_DX, Sep 21, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
  11. Tucker442

Tucker442 101E

I have a quad six in my car where I should say truck, I have The clarifier set to FIN Works great when using it almost 2 years never an issue.

Eldorado828 and WECSOG like this.
  12. Eldorado828

Eldorado828 8-2-8 in the Lonestar State

I didn't tap on it but I'm assuming it's the service manual?

If so that's a great addition to the forum!

13. Dr_DX

Dr_DX Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, no. I have been looking high and low for the service manual too. Someone posted this on the web and I ran across it in my searches. It is the freq. alignment process for the AT-6666 / CRT 9900. It is what davew41 was asking for (before things went downhill).

14. Eldorado828

Eldorado828 8-2-8 in the Lonestar State

Well that's still a plus, more info on it than we had before at least! Your info is definitely appreciated!
    Uh oh, what exactly went downhill?

15. Dr_DX

Dr_DX Well-Known Member

yeah, I know this is a 4+ year old post but hopefully someone can benefit from my reply.

Exactly - Except you can have both at the same time.

Take one of Franklin's 10.695 Channel Guard kits or make your own and remove the stage coupling cap right after the NB and install it there. Instead of setting it up for a zero gain/loss, mod your RF Gain to max, and use the RF gain knob to control the +DC (13.8v) to the circuit. Adjust incoming +DC voltage so that when the RG gain knob is at 12 o'clock, you have zero gain/loss (keep incoming signal low - below AGC turn on). Also, doing it this way, you don't have to re-calibrate your S meter. Keep the NB on. This way, the signal going into the circuit has been "cleaned" up. You may need to change the value of the transistor bias resistor to get a linear response as you increase/decrease +DC to the circuit.

With the RF Gain @ 12 o'clock, you get "normal" max sensitivity and -100dB @ 10 KHz selectivity. Turn the RF Gain CCW and you reduce the sensitivity but increase your selectivity even more. Turn the RF Gain CW and get an increase in sensitivity (past the normal max sensitivity) and still retain very high selectivity. And yes, you can hear signals that otherwise you wouldn't. Now whether you can get them to hear you is another matter...:p.

I usually keep my RF Gain at 12 o'clock but when there is a station that is right in my noise level, I dial it up and pull him out with ease. It has more sensitivity and selectivity than any of my HF rigs.

Basically, greater dynamic range, increased selectivity, and increased sensitivity (variable, clean, attenuator/preamp) for any radio with a 10.695 I.F. stage.

About the Channel Guard from www.cbcintl.com:
    The CHANNEL GUARD combines an IF amplifier stage with two high-Q crystal elements. You install it at an early IF signal point, before the signal branches off to the separate AM, FM, or SSB detectors. The result — razor-sharp selectivity in every mode. Since the “Q” (Selectivity Factor) of a crystal is many times higher than the normal tuned IF transformers, the strength of interfering signals even slightly off the center IF frequency drop off very quickly. Bleedover is greatly reduced.

FEATURES: · Provides up to 100 dB adjacent-channel rejection. This is much better than the majority of CB transceivers, which typically specify only –40 to –60 dB. A factor of “100 dB” means that any signal outside the normal 10 KHz CB channel spacing is reduced in strength by a factor of 10 billion from channel center. No reduction in receiver sensitivity. In fact, the CHANNEL GUARD adds one stage of amplification at the most critical point—right in between IF filtering stages. You may even hear those weak signals that you missed before.