1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This forum does not allow a single user to have more than one username. If anyone wants to change their username contact an admin and it will be done. Multiple accounts belonging to the same member will be deleted without warning.

Anytone at-6666 v3

Discussion in 'CB Radio Modifications' started by Eldorado828, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Ranch55

Ranch55 Sr. Member

Hey David,
    Is that 243's Kenwood I see on the right side of the photo ?
    Steve

2. Dmans

Dmans Sr. Member

It is Steve. I used to like a 940 but this one is making me second guess my likes and dislikes!!

Hope you and the family weathered the storm OK!

David

Slowmover likes this.
  3. CbRadiosPRONTO

CbRadiosPRONTO Performance Ready Radios

4. Tim Chambers

Tim Chambers Member

I use a a static road devil on one of my any tones in a jeep, with excellent results. Pin one is audio pin 3 is transmit pin 5 is ground. True you lose the ability to make adjustments and change channels etc if you wire up a different microphone for it, however I'm a believer and once the radio is set up and programmed to your liking I've never found a need to make adjustments while on the road. A static road devil is the only power microphone I would ever use as it has its somewhat oxymoronic name of being a noise canceling power mic :)

5. AudioShockwav

AudioShockwav Extraterrestrial Admin
    Staff Member

I bought the CRT 9900 version with 12 meters couple weeks ago.
    I like it.
    Not a bad little radio and it is plug and play.

Jeff

HomerBB likes this.
  6. HomerBB

HomerBB Sr. Member

Wish I had gotten the CRT 9900, but still happy with mine.

Slowmover and AudioShockwav like this.
  7. AudioShockwav

Staff Member

Homer, it is the same board as the 6666.
    The only difference I see is the addition of 12 meters and the CTCSS board included.
    So far it is a great radio, I like the rx better than the 2950dx
    Took it out of the box, hooked it up and started talking.
    Why Anytone won't enable 12 meters on the 6666 I don't understand , it would just add to there market.

Jeff
    20210407_180131_HDR.jpg 20210410_154200.jpg

Slowmover likes this.
  8. HomerBB

HomerBB Sr. Member

I'm not technical enough to try to see whether it's possible to put 12m into play on the 6666.

9. AudioShockwav

Staff Member

I would think it could be done with a software update, if they would release it.
    I have the programming cable but have not used it.

Jeff

Slowmover likes this.
  10. HomerBB

HomerBB Sr. Member

Could the cat rig be cloned and used??? Just wondering.

Slowmover likes this.
  11. AudioShockwav

Staff Member

Homer, I just e mailed the general manager at Qixiang Electron Science & Technology Co, Ltd.
    Let's see if they will answer the question if 12 can be enabled on the 6666.
    I will let you know if I get a real answer.

Jeff

WECSOG, Eldorado828 and Slowmover like this.
  12. HomerBB

HomerBB Sr. Member

Thanks, Jeff!

13. Slowmover

Slowmover Elmer

View attachment 44139 View attachment 44140 [/QUOTE]

Man, would that make me feel good to slide into that drivers seat and see that rig Good to Go.

That there means high-speed, low-drag motoring is E-Z. Never get above a cruise control set speed of 64-mph and make time parlaying instantaneous road information into avoidance of ALL the time-sinks.

14. HomerBB

HomerBB Sr. Member

You okay, Slow?

Slowmover likes this.
  15. Slowmover

Slowmover Elmer

A couple of long years of making a big truck radio “work” came together with the last iteration. DSP + a Lincoln.

Maybe “64-mph” sounds funny. It’s fast as to the combination of Average MPH & Average MPG. (This is a skills test).

The radio is a key part of keeping those two high (at that given speed).

1). Identical SUV against it, but that other driver running 70 will burn enough extra fuel to have to make an extra pit stop on a 1,000-mile trip.

2). No radio or lack of experience in using one, he won’t know how to deal with higher on-road traffic volume, construction, wrecks or weather.

3). A great radio (we can assume this owner in pic did the right install), is the game-changer.

Lower-risk, less fuel-burn (thus component wear), and arrive in almost the same elapsed time. The other guy will barely be ahead (and won’t at all if he can’t figure an alternate route around a huge time delay).

Don’t drive faster, drive smarter.

That make more sense? I just ran that 1,000-mile trip at 64 in an SUV and compared the identical vehicle owned/operated by my son running 70 with solid numbers (mpg) to back it. No diversions. 30-40” difference in arrival time.

Any problems occur on-road that radio just put me in the lead.

MEANING: I’ll take the bet.

It’s not a “race” per se. Safe operation is never compromised and has strict rules.

It’s more: doing the most with the least.

(The past couple of months I’ve been practicing using the alternates around the time-suck problems while in the Pete. Imagine you passed me more than two hours ago, but I wound up ahead of you again. And you’d burned $100 more fuel than me to have covered the same total days distance, but with zero time savings.)

#150 Slowmover, Apr 17, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2021