• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Apollo 100 X-2 Schematic

wile2u

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Sep 24, 2010
Central Valley
hello all, first time caller, long time listener, thanks for having me on the forum. :w00t:

I am looking for a schematic for an Apollo 100X-2 Amateur Linear.

apollo_100x_2.jpg

It Work Great until i decided to see if it would do 6M on fm then no key up :censored: still warms up just no key up. So far i have replaced 2 1n34 diodes and 1 transistor in the key up circuit.

Thanks 73,
Rich
W6ABJ

Last edited:

Apollo 100 X-2 Help needed

Hi, I was given this amp, and was told all it needed was a resistor or diode? HA, imagin that one.. does anyone have any info on these amps. pictures of the board inside and on back. There is a few componets missing as per how many holes are in it. the only thing I found was this post and a picture of it on cbtricks?

HELP< would love to get the Ol'e thing running

I don't think it is a 100 X-2, it is just a 100 X

here is some pics of it!
2011-10-06_11-31-36_445.jpg

2011-10-06_11-31-55_570.jpg

2011-10-06_11-32-20_999.jpg

2011-10-06_11-32-32_538.jpg

2011-10-06_11-32-50_147.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a typical sweep tuber. It is entirely possible that the chassi was used for several different models and those empty holes were for components on those other models.

It appears that Apollo also used the Firebird / Kicker platform for their '500x2' model. Maybe if you took a look at the schematic for that one it would point you in the right direction.

Don't trash it! If you don't want it I'll take it! (Are the tubes any good?):laugh:

Last edited:
Looks like a typical sweep tuber. It is entirely possible that the chassi was used for several different models and those empty holes were for components on those other models.

It appears that Apollo also used the Firebird / Kicker platform for their '500x2' model. Maybe if you took a look at the schematic for that one it would point you in the right direction.

Don't trash it! If you don't want it I'll take it! (Are the tubes any good?):laugh:

Thanks for the suggestion, but the firebird is way different, and it less agravaton to go to a dumpster than a post ofice.

Have you tried to power it up and see what it does? I'm no amp guru but looking at the pictures I can't see where anything appears obviously burnt or damaged. Got a variac? Bring it up slow and see what it does. Don't have a variac? Try to power it on from a distance! What these old soldiers lacked in filtering they made up for in durability... after all, they were made in the USA!

If you really don't want to mess with it try and estimate it's weight to the nearest pound. USPS parcel post is about as cheap as it gets. I sent a 35 lb package from Arizona to Wisconsin for about $28.00 and it looks as if that Apollo weighs less than that.

But check it first... it might be fine and just need a good cleaning!

Thanks for your Ideas, But I gave up on it, I plugged it in and the Tune Plates were sparking, and when I turned the Tune Knob the transformer started to hum abd smoke, and it was on STBY and all other was off But power.. like it is stuck on key.. Gonna trash it, too unsafe.

hello all, first time caller, long time listener, thanks for having me on the forum. :w00t:

I am looking for a schematic for an Apollo 100X-2 Amateur Linear.

apollo_100x_2.jpg

It Work Great until i decided to see if it would do 6M on fm then no key up :censored: still warms up just no key up. So far i have replaced 2 1n34 diodes and 1 transistor in the key up circuit.

Thanks 73,
Rich
W6ABJ

Looks like someone hijacked you post!! :mad:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated